55

"I seriously doubt balance was ever a thing you had" Nate commented after I had tripped for the seventieth time today, and I sighed before brushing my knees off.

"So do I" I said and looked to the digital scoring table on the wall, we've been here for almost two hours.

"Surprising that no one has come to angrily drag me back home to be honest" I commented and he rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, that's kind of annoying, they're just a bit stressed out about having to look after one more person I guess..." he explained before shooting and missing.

"Hmph...Not to mention you're a danger magnet and are constantly getting in trouble, that doesn't help the situation." he added and I rolled my eyes.

"You can't shoot for shit" I changed the subject with a blunt insult and he scoffed.

"I told you, we're bad at offence" he admitted and I smiled.

"I can tell...Try shooting again" I suggested and he narrowed his eyes at me before retrieving the ball and going to shoot.

He missed again and  I crossed my arms while giving him a look.

"Did you even bother trying to have the correct form?" I asked and he shrugged.

"Show me your form" I ordered and he made a face.

"Er...I don't really pay attention to it" he admitted as he just held the ball up kind of awkwardly.

"Well that explains it then doesn't it" I huffed before walking behind him and moving his arms to the right position.

"I don't get how I'm supposed to remember that" he stated and I sighed.

"You just do...It's, you know, straight, with one hand underneath...and...yeah" I tried to explain and he turned his head to raise a brow at me.

"You'd make a horrible coach" he commented and I rolled my eyes.

"Good thing I'm not one then, just, ask your coach, and also tell him he needs to teach everyone how to shoot properly...and he's shit" I said and he snickered.

"Alright, i'll tell him that in those exact words" he said in amusement and I stood back when it fell silent and awkward again.

"It's getting kinda late" I noted when I noticed the silence and emptiness of the hall, and he just shrugged.

"Its not like they're locking up any time soon" he said and I bit my lip.

"But...I'm getting in even more trouble every minute" I voiced my concerns and he rolled his eyes.

"They know where you are, I'm sure they'll come get you if they're really worried or something" he reassured and I just stood there awkwardly.

"Why are you being like that? You're not scared of them are you?" Nate questioned and I smiled.

"Far from it" I reassured  but he continued to give me a look.

"You're....scared of the dark?" he asked and I snickered.

"Um, no....Why are you asking me things like that I'm fine" I frowned and he narrowed his eyes.

"Well something's up, I can tell" he stated and I raised a brow at him.

"Oh really, can you?" I said in a flat tone and he chuckled.

"Yes, you're acting strange"

"Well, maybe strange is how I normally act"

What does he want from me??? Ugh.

"Something is making you awkward" he stated and I crossed my arms.

"We should go now" I suggested and he smiled.

"Sure"

-

Strangely enough it was Nate who got the lecture when we got back, I was just ignored and talked about like I wasn't there like usual but I preferred that to being lectured to be honest.

When I finally got upstairs I was left rolling my eyes at my computer as I had received and email with two printable tickets for a flight to Heathrow in London for Saturday morning. It had a simple message that read, 'you can have a buddy if you don't want to get lonely'. I was about to write an insulting reply when I was interrupted.

"Is this the great escape or something?" a voice asked and I jumped, spinning around to see Alex who'd also jumped at my sudden movement.

"Shit, Alex, privacy is a thing" I said while trying to catch my breath and he made an awkward face.

"Sorry" he apologised and I sighed.

"No, just someone being persistent, they've wasted their money this time though" I explained and he gave me a look for a few moments.

"Ok!" he chirped with a smile and I wondered if him being overly trusting was an act or not.

Well, I was telling the truth, they have wasted their money. Mind you just ignoring him will probably make things worse...or maybe he'll go away.

Or maybe he'll start contacting everyone else and pestering and everything will get worse and stressful and...

UGHHHHH.

"...You okay?" Alex asked and I looked up from my stress filled facepalm.

"What? Uh, yeah, great" I answered before sighing and he just blinked at me.

"Come with me" he suddenly exclaimed before grabbing my hand and dragging me up.

"Uhh, what, why?" was all that I could think to say as he pulled me along the hall and into his room.

"Close the door" he ordered before diving onto his bed and rooting through his drawers on the other side, and I sighed before closing the door, having no idea what he was up to.

"Um, why am I here?" I asked after a few moments of him cursing as he couldn't find what he was looking for in his probably seriously messy drawers.

"You're going to watch a movie with me" he stated and I crossed my arms.

"Oh really?" I said while raising a brow at him and he stopped still for a few seconds.

"Actually, I think we need something more distracting then that, ah, a game!" he said to himself and I shook my head at him with a smile. 

"Alex-"

"It's not like you have anything better to do" he interrupted and I scoffed.

"I could have" I defended as he fiddled with his X box.

"But, you don't" he chirped and I sighed at him.

"You any good at gaming?" he asked and I smirked.

"Not at all" I admitted and he chuckled.

"Much gay such wow" he commented and I rolled my eyes.

"Rood" I imitated his strange teenager meme language and he snickered.

"I bet you'd be really bad at multiplayer shooting games, but, that's all I have" he said after a few moments and I gave him a look as I walked over and sat on his bed next to where he was crouching.

"Try me" I challenged, giving up on the idea of escaping any time soon.

-