30

I woke up in the early morning practically drowning in sweat. Well...I wouldn't go that far but I was slightly sweaty and it's cold at the moment. 

I felt my forehead and frowned, hoping I hadn't caught a fever. 

I sighed before getting up and walking to the balcony, then decided to go for a walk and simply put a black hoodie on then attempted to ninja sneak down the stairs.

I literally squeaked and jumped a foot in the air after something fluffy brushed against my foot when I was walking down the stairs and sighed when I realised it was a towel that was carelessly thrown on the steps.

I almost made it to the bottom of the stairs but I yelped in pain when I studded my toe on a pot, then cringed when it toppled down the rest of the stairs, making a loud clanging sounds every step.

I bit my lip and looked back up the stairs when it fell silent, releasing the breath I had been holding when it stayed that way.

What the fuck had that pot been doing there, I swear this was a clean house.

I eventually found myself quietly closing the front door and turned around looking into the dark woods.

It was hard to tell if it was nearly dawn or it was light pollution in the sky, either way it must've been really early.

I realised it was a dumb idea to not have put shoes on when I stepped on a nail, thankfully it was not sticking up.

I walked for a tiny bit before whistling quietly, hoping Anatara was around somewhere, I hadn't seen her in ages.

"What are you doing up so early?" a voice asked from beside me and I jumped. 

There was Caleb standing with Ana on his arm, who was chirping in content. 

He wore a slightly chilling expression on his face, and gave of almost a completely different aura to the last time I saw him.

So that's why she hadn't come bothering me asking for attention and care, Caleb was looking after her.

Looking after her even at god knows what in the morning.

"Um...Could ask the same question to you" I said even though the answer seemed pretty obvious, this odd atmosphere was making me nervous and uncomfortable.

He gave me an almost arrogant smirk before shrugging and I took a cautious step back. 

He seemed like a different person, maybe this is one of his mood swings.

"Why are you wearing just a hoodie and boxers, are you crazy or something?" he asked and Ana squawked before jumping onto my shoulder.

"No.......I wasn't really thinking about it I guess" I said and lightly stroked Ana's chest before telling her to leave, wanting to do that myself.

Caleb watched her fly off before giving me a strange look, almost mischievous.

"Uh...Right well I should probably be going now..." I said as I stepped backwards even more and was about to turn around until he grabbed my arm.

"Not being shy are we?" he asked and I looked at him with a raised brow.

"No, I'm just half asleep" I said with an annoyed tone and he smiled.

"You look like you've been getting rough with someone" he commented with a smirk and I raised both my brows in shock.

Um..........Right.....

"How?" I asked with a frown and he roughly poked my collarbone and then grabbed my chin, stroking his thumb across my lip.

I forcefully pulled away from him and glared.