97

When I woke up in the morning, I felt like I'd been kicked by a horse. My neck was so sore, and I winced as I lifted it.

Well, that explains it, seems like my head was resting awkwardly on Aaron's arm the whole time.

I sighed and rubbed the side of my neck, Aaron was still asleep, but his other arm was resting on top of my waist making me freeze.

Um...

I bit my lip and contemplated the difficult process of moving his arm, before just sighing and deciding I was too lazy for that.

I laid my head back down and just smiled at Aaron's sleeping face, he had his head tilted down towards his chest slightly, you could tell he would normally sleep in the fetal position if there wasn't someone else in the bed.

I chuckled, amused at the fact that the one that tried to act like the parent was so naturally...childlike.

He moved slightly making me bite my lip trying to stop myself from making noise, but I could tell I'd woken him due to his breathing change.

He opened his eyes and took a few moments to contemplate his surroundings before looking at me. He seemed surprised that I was staring right back at him and smiled with a blush.

"Were you just watching me sleep?"

"Yeah." I replied and quirked my brow teasingly.

He seemed confused at my response for a few moments before just looking out of the window.

"What time is it?"

"Probably 6 AM, I always wake up around this time." I sighed and looked up at the ceiling. Aaron moved his arm off of my waist and awkwardly looked away from me making me snicker.

"Do you want to get up?" He asked, obviously highly disliking the idea of it himself.

"No thanks..." I mumbled, feeling anxious at the idea of leaving this room.

He seemed to notice my change of mood, and sighed.

"We'll be leaving soon, and then it'll hopefully be easier." He reassured me, and I just looked down at my hands.

"I don't feel like it will at the moment." I admitted and he frowned, lying so he was back down at my level and smiling at me sympathetically.

"Even if it doesn't, I'll be here making sure you're okay." He reassured, making me bite my lip harshly.

"I don't...want you sacrificing your time for me." I worried and he smiled at me.

"It's not a sacrifice if it's what I want to do."

"Really? You want to be looking after a whiny child as he lies in bed moping?" I scoffed and he gave me an unimpressed look.

"First of all, you're not a child, you're eighteen. Second, it's 6AM you're supposed to be in bed. And thirdly you have every right to mope for at least a week or two, maybe even a few years." He said and I smiled before frowning when I felt tears in my eyes. Ugh.

"I'm just so fed up of crying and feeling sorry for myself...God, everyone must think I'm so pathetic." I complained as I looked away from him and tried to stop myself crying for the hundredth time.

I'm like a leaky faucet, why am I crying so easily??

Aaron smiled at me when I looked back at him again, still relaxing against the pillow. He's probably tired... I'm keeping him awake.

"I without a doubt know that they don't. Probably due to the fact you haven't actually cried infront of them. And it's not like they would if you did anyway, they'd react ten times worse than you are in this scenario I'm sure of it."