70

"Riley....Riley...Riley.......RILEY RIILLLEYYY" Alex forcibly brought me out of sleep by calling me from right next to my ear, and I groaned before opening my eyes and looking at him, hardly fazed over the fact his face was covering nearly 100% of my view. 

"What??" I asked before sighing and then stretching slightly. I looked over to the window to see it was about midday. 

"Can we go do something now??" He asked and I groaned before rubbing my face.

"Seriously Alex??"I complained before thumping my head back down onto the pillow. 

"What? You said we could go exploring!" He defended and I huffed.

Crap, I did, didn't I? How am I supposed to explain to him that I actually want to stay here standing around all day waiting for an opportunity to get into my father's office?

"Do we have to?" I asked and he gasped at me.

"Are you going back on YOUR WORD???!" He exclaimed dramatically and I rolled my eyes, now being forced to get up in order to get away from his loud voice.

"Okay okay, what do you want to do?" I  asked as he hopped happily off of the bed.

"Go into London!"

"...Can't you do something a bit easier, like explore the manor?" I asked and he made a face. 

"No way! Not interesting enough!" 

I shook my head at him as I went to put my shoes on before hurrying after him when he shot out of the room. 

I'm gong to spend the whole time child-minding aren't I.

When I reached the bottom of the stairs Alex was stood awkwardly in front of Matías as he just stared down at him silently like he didn't know what to do with him.

"Going somewhere?" He asked before looking at me and I gave a polite smile. 

"Yeah, just into London for a bit" I replied as Alex gave a forced smile before backing away from him. I gave him a questioning look about his strange behaviour but he didn't look back at me.

"I see, well make sure to come back before its too dark, I guess." He seemed unsettled about the idea of us going out of the house, but didn't say anything else before carrying on down the hall to my father's office. 

I narrowed my eyes at the office, I'm going to get in there soon. 

"Alex don't go outside yet we have to wait for a taxi." I called when Alex made a quick escape out of the house and sighed.

I followed him and closed the door, the breeze was slightly chilly and you could tell it had been raining.

"So? It's nice out here!" He replied before walking over to the side of the manor. 

I followed him and smiled as we walked into the stables. There was only a new horse I didn't recognise in one of the stables, as everyone else was out in the fields. 

"Damn, rustic." He said and I scoffed. 

"It's an ancient manor of course the stable's going to be old." 

Layla was just down the hallway, cleaning out a stall and listening to really loud music from her headphones. 

She jumped when she noticed us before smiling happily. 

"Hello! The horse's are out to pasture at the moment, apart from Rufus over there because he's an asshole!" She informed immediately and chirpily making me smile at her.