58

It's hard to get across in first person POV, but some of the things that happen in this chapter are not okay, despite Riley not thinking about it. Any comments suggesting otherwise will be deleted

Everybody seemed to be in a mood today, no one talked as we drove home and I was left sitting in between Zac and Nate as they glared out the car window.

Surprised Zac is here actually, usually his college classes ended earlier than school, guess he must have waited around or something.

Maybe I was annoying everyone, grow up if that was the case.

Everyone glared at each other as they got out of the car when we arrived, making me roll my eyes.

"What have you done this time Riley?" Luca asked as he stepped out of the car and I scoffed.

"ME? I didn't do anything, at least not that I know of" I defended and he shook his head at me.

"Ah, I see" he pondered and I gave him a look.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked with my arms crossed and he smiled.

I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose in frustration. Humans are annoying.

No, I'm a unicorn, not a human, we discussed this already.

I walked into the house and stood at the bottom of the stairs, looking at Chance's open office door down the hallway.

He's not in there...where is he....could I go in and find my phone...no, that would be too easy.

Maybe I could wait here and see where he put his key while he's out of the office, although he probably carries it...

I have to come up with a legitimate plan for this.

"Riley, what are you doing?" Zac's annoyed voice asked and I continued watching Chance's door.

"Nothing, nothing at all" I said without looking at him and heard him sigh.

"Really? You're trying to get your phone back aren't you?" he asked flatly and I smiled at him.

"My what?" I asked and he rolled his eyes.

"Riley, you aren't allowed your phone back for a reason, taking it back will just get you in trouble." Zac complained and I made a face.

"It's not like he checks it's there every day" I muttered to myself and heard Zac scoff.

"Right, Riley. Go upstairs" Zac ordered and I gave him a look.

"What? I'm just standing here" I defended and he glared at me.

"You're trying to get your phone back"

"You have no proof of this!!"

"Riley I shouldn't have to call someone else for you to do what you're told" he complained and I rolled my eyes.

"I'm just standing here why are you getting all grouchy" I grumbled and he seemed to growl under his breath.

"Riley, if you don't come upstairs in the next few seconds I swear I will-"

"-Yeah yeah okay, in a sec" I brushed him off and he crossed his arms.

Could Chance hurry up I fear I am pissing him off a little too much to be honest...

"Zac, remember to breath" I commented as he huffed in irritation.

"Right, that is it" he snapped before grabbing my arm and trying to drag me along.