43

I stood outside the house and sighed, I really shouldn't have done this.

But I needed to go outside, staying in was torture.

I leaned down and smelt my top, only to cough and cringe. Please tell me its only remains of the smoke in my nose I can smell.

Please.

Life, you've fucked me over up until now, just do one thing, and make me not smell like a druggie.

PLEASE.

I tested the front door handle then thought better of it, and walked round the back.

I didn't hesitate as I opened the door and immediately sneaked into the dark laundry room.

Right, I'm in, now to make it to my room.

Maybe I could take my top off here....wait what the fuck that would probably cause an even worse reaction if I was caught...don't even want to know what they would have assumed happened.

I listened for commotion and sneaked out when I didn't hear any. I kept on listening and widened my eyes when I heard talking in the kitchen.

That sounds like Chance, help.

I made it to the bottom of the step and took one step up before Alex appeared out of nowhere.

"You're in sooooo much trouble" he smiled and I held my hand to my mouth to contain my yelp of surprise.

"That's great" I said and tried to take another step.

Please please please please please please.

"Why do you smell like pot?" he asked and a very chilling shiver ran down my spine.

"WHY do you know what pot smells like huh?" I tried to act cool but he seemed to have a serious face on, raising a brow and looking very unimpressed.

"My friends are stuck in that world, its not a good place to be, sorry"  he said and gave him a questioning look before he turned his head and started shouting.

"CHANCE RILEY IS BACK AND HE SMELLS OF CANNA-" I lunged forward and put my hand against his mouth, but then decided just to leg it up the stairs in the hope of not smelling of it any more by the time he finds me.

"-BIS!" Alex finished and I glared at him.

"No I don't!!" I said as I turned and continued running up the stairs.

"Riley get here right now!" I heard Chance shout and I grimaced.

Fuck shit fuck shit fuck shit.

Life, WHY? What did I do to you!?

"I haven't been smoking anything!" I defended then cursed.

Riley you fucking idiot, you just made yourself seem even more guilty.

"Riley!" Chance snapped from close behind me and I nearly yelped. Damnit he's fast.

I managed to open my door but already knew I wouldn't close it in time, just bolted round my bed and almost had a heart attack when Chance rammed and pinned me against the wall.

"Riley you are not getting away with this lightly." he snarled and I looked wide eyed back at him as he glared at me.

"I seriously didn't do anything I swear" I promised but he just scoffed.

"You smell of drugs Riley you obviously did something, and you went outside in obvious defiance. I don't appreciate people who don't listen to me" he snapped and I avoided looking at him.