1

A guide for reading this book:

1. Don't become a ship psycho and stick to only one ship psychotically, it'll hurt you more than it'll hurt me, trust me.

2. There are a lot of characters, prepare yourself, write notes. Character sheets coming soon

3. Do not think my characters views are my views 

4. This book is long, but the paragraphs are not. My ADD means I struggle with detailed writing, my writing is dialogue heavy and to the point.

5. The first few dozen chapters are very old and badly written, my writing definitely improves with time

--

When you think of moving house, what do you think of? For me it certainly wasn't moving in with 10 other young males while your mother and their father go off gallivanting in Hawaii somewhere. But, that was exactly what was happening to me. Right now. 

I had really underestimated my mother this time; she'd manage to catch a big one. A rich company owner with a seemingly giant overpopulated family. Maybe he took the saying 'go forth and multiply' a bit too seriously. 

Why was my mother leaving me to move in to a new home by myself? Well, they're on a really important - wait for it- 'honeymoon business trip'. Yep. Whatever that is supposed to be. 

So now my highly anti-social self is going to have to deal with meeting a bunch of teenagers I've never met before - in their own house the same day I'm invading and moving in it. I guess this is my fault for refusing to travel to the wedding; I could have met them then.

"Riley? Get ready we are nearly there." A voice brought me out of my thoughts and I frowned in the back of the car driving me to said new home. I didn't really like it when employees I'd just met started calling me by my first name. It's not like they let me have the privilege of knowing theirs.

I sighed nervously before looking to the cage I was forced to keep my Peregrine Falcon - Anatara - in. The poor bird had hardly ever been confined, but the journey across several states was just too long for her to do on her own. Anatara was a good bird, a friend. I got her for my twelfth birthday after my cat died, and she'd been desperately loyal to me ever since. 

Having Anatara as a substitute for any real friends will probably be a problem in upcoming months though. I have no experience befriending teen males, as I've only ever really had one human friend, and they were an older female. 

And...also the fact that I'm gay wont help...

I sighed, the feeling of dread filling my stomach as the car pulled up outside of a gigantic forest mansion. It was a modern white building with vast glass walls in places, and looked really odd contrasting against the forest and the trees.

I ruffled my dark brown hair then stepped out of the car, putting ear plugs in my ears (just to feel less exposed, if you know what I mean) and looking around nervously.

It seemed quiet, but there were plenty of posh sports cars parked around the building and road areas. Anatara screeched as I let her out and soared upwards before perching on a gate post right by me. I smiled at her and stroked her head.

"You're not planning on keeping that animal inside, are you?" The driver asked sceptically as he slammed his car door shut and I frowned at him.

"She can survive inside or outside, it's not like it's any of your business anyway." I replied coldly and he rolled his eyes before getting my bags out from the car and trudging towards the front door.