Chapter 8

I woke as I was picked up and cold air surrounded me. I felt too drowsy to open my eyes at first, so tried to work out where I was with my eyes closed. It was breezy so it was outside. And I could here car doors slamming and engines running so I guessed I was in a busy car park.

I opened my eyes and squinted at bright yellow lights coming from windows on a massive building. The sky was dark but this place was still busy. Only one possible place it could be.

I looked to the person carrying me. Luca had a frown on his face as he walked up to the hospital entrance and Chance was just ahead, on the phone.

"Luca, you can put me down now" I said while wincing and felt him jump in surprise.

"I'd rather not, best for you not to do anything that could harm you right now" he explained while still moving and I gave him a look.

"Walking, it's a killer" I said sarcastically and he smirked.

"I'm not gunna' have you dying so soon Riley, seriously I have enough crazy people to deal with, I don't want to add you to that list" he told me as we stepped inside through giant glass automatic doors. The ceiling light was so bright I winced in pain.

"Ow, please put me down now; this ceiling is killing me" I pleaded and he looked down at me. "Don't look at it then" he said without pausing and I huffed. Annoying twat.

I looked in front of us and saw mostly blurs, okay, that's worrying. I could hear talking but couldn't work out what they were saying. Um, I wasn't like this a minute ago.

A warm liquid starting falling from my ears and I put my finger to it. Blood.

"That's not good" I said before closing my eyes as I winced from the head ache.

I was aware of sharp movements beneath me and a hand against my ear, then everything went black, again.

--

I was dragged back into consciousness by a light slap to my cheek. I opened my eyes then glared at my attacker standing above me but next to me. "Rude" I huffed and Luca sighed in relief.

"He's awake" he told someone to my right and I frowned in agitation, doesn't have to talk so loud.

I tried to lift up my head but Luca stopped me. "Don't you could make it worse" he told me and I wanted to headbutt him too. Seriously, lifting my head? dumb-ass.

From just trying to concentrate I realized I was on a hard surface,but concentrating hurt so I didn't try to figure anything else out.

Fucking....Hard surface!

Then I noticed two more presences next to me and frowned at them. One was familiar and the other was obviously a doctor, wearing one of those annoying white coats.

"Riley" the doctor said and clicked his fingers in front of my eyes when I didn't look at him. Jeez, inpatient much.

I winced then opened one eye and narrowed it while looking at him. "Can you tell me how you are feeling Riley?" he asked while writing on a clipboard and I scoffed.

"Like shit" I answered and Luca and the familiar person shared a confused look.

"I see......Does your head hurt, Riley?" he asked as he stared at me. He has an annoying face.

"Yes" I replied simply and winced again.

"Between one and ten then" he told me with a sigh.

I frowned and tried to think about it....between what again?