Chapter 10

I got out of the car with five people watching me intensely, like they were waiting for me to fall over. I rolled my eyes at them and looked at my phone screen. Would you look at that, I have a text message, which reminds me, I need to figure out how to get this phone off of silent.

"Watchya doin??"Alex asked and tried to look at my phone. I hid it from him and he pouted. 

"Don't you guys have something better to do?" Luca sighed at them and all but Chester reluctantly dispersed. 

"Chester?" Luca asked and he glared at him before even more reluctantly moving off. I looked up to Luca to see he was glaring at his back. Did something happen?

I then looked into the trees to see an odd sight, Caleb was there, sitting a metre away from Ana, she was cautiously looking around the undergrowth while trying to ignore him, and he seemed like he'd been sitting there a long time.

"Caleb get's along with animals better than us, don't worry he won't hurt her, everyone else may exaggerate when they talk about him and violence" Luca said then smiled at me. "I don't mind" I said and took one look back before following Luca inside. 

He sat me down on a kitchen stall and routed around in a cupboard for a while. He took a packet out and smiled at me. "Everyone loves pills" he said and I groaned. "Seriously?" I asked him and he chuckled as he brought three packs of them over. 

"All three of them, once a day, for a week" he explained and I sighed. "Now?" I said when he handed a glass of water to me and he nodded. 

I looked at them nervously. "Can't you take them?" he asked and leaned down to my level. "Not very well, I normally choke the first few attempts" I smirked and stood up, looking at them in determination. 

"We could always try the syringe way" he smiled at me mischievously and I widened my eyes. "No  thanks" i replied then stared at them again. I looked up to see Luca staring at my face. 

"Um, I'd rather not have an audience for my choking fit" I said and he blinked. "Yeah, i'm not leaving, I have to watch you" he said and didn't move. 

"Fine" I said and moved over to the sink. "This is gunna' be ugly" I told him and he smirked. Go for it.

I placed the one tablet on my tongue before I could think of anything else and sipped some water. I winced before I tried swallowing and failed, then again and swallowed it only half. I coughed as it got stuck in my throat and took another sip of water. This time it went all the way down and I took in a deep breathe. 

"One down" I smiled as I looked at Luca's wide eyes. "That didn't look pleasant" he commented. "I don't think it's any different when other people take them...i think its just psychological" I said, unsure.

"Could be" he replied in thought and I remembered he was studying psychology at the moment as well. 

Oh..

I hoped my theory didn't sound too stupid as I looked at the two pills. Pills were harder than tablets. I sighed nervously and Luca narrowed his eyes as he watched.

I put the pill on my tongue and took a big mouthful, I tried to swallow but it didn't work, then again and it got slightly stuck but came back up again when I coughed I put my hand in front of my mouth and it fell in it as I continued to have a coughing fit. 

As soon as I stopped I immediately put it in again and swallowed a giant amount. It worked and I retched twice before feeling relief again.  

Luca was wincing in sympathy beside me and I rolled my eyes. I looked at the odd colour of the next pill and glanced questioningly at luca. "It makes you more than slightly drowsy, supervision required" he said and I narrowed my eyes. 

"You're taking  it Riley, unless you want to go back to hospital again" he told me sternly and I huffed. "Hold your head back when you do it, and don't spit this one out, it dissolves on wet skin" he explained and I widened my eyes. Crap.

"Come on Riley" he encouraged and I breathed nervously before placing it on my tongue quickly and swallowing, two swallowing attempts and a acidic liquid filled my mouth from the dissolving pill. I retched and choked. Luca put his hand in front of my mouth to stop me spitting it out and pushed my head uncomfortably back. It took about three swallows before the pill travelled down my throat and I gasped when Luca let my head go. 

I continued to cough and retch violently and sank down to the floor, with Luca trying to comfort me, stroking my hair. When I stopped I automatically felt really tired.

"I don't think I can do that everyday" I commented and Luca laughed from behind my head. "No, might have to consider the syringe method after all" he said and I huffed. 

I've never had to take three tablets at a time before, and i'm pretty sure i don't want to do it again. I have to admit that pill works though, I thought as I started to feel incredibly drowsy. I leaned my head back on Luca's chest and frowned.

"Told you" he said in my ear and i huffed tiredly. I started to unwillingly doze off when Luca picked me up and started walking, this would be a moment where I widen my eyes and wake up but that didn't seem to happen. This is like the pill version of that wire that was in my arm. 

Effing pills.

I noticed he walked somewhere near to the back of the house and entered a room with a empty and quiet atmosphere. I'm thinking the study room. That was confirmed when  Luca sat down on the unmistakable slightly chilly leather sofa and my skin touched it. I jumped and Luca chuckled. 

"Just leather Riley" he said and stroked my hair. I couldn't help but lean back against him and become even more sleepy.

He sat there stroking my hair while I leaned on him for a bit. As I was about to drift off to sleep, he stopped and kissed my forehead before I felt his head rest against the back of my neck.

I didn't care and fell even more into darkness until I was in a deep sleep.

ohhh :O  Do you think this is Fatherly love Luca is showing?or a different kind of Affection!