50

-

I sat in silence for a while before sighing for the 100th time today and standing up. I walked around the house for a bit, noting every body spotted around it but not approaching them.

I heard a dog's bark outside and stopped by the door. I looked around for anybody watching then sneaked out, nearly tripping up over Hunter who was sitting just outside of it.

"Whoa!" I exclaimed as I rebalanced myself and he turned to give me a look.

"You sneaking out again?" he asked and I shrugged before sitting next to him. "I won't go far" I said and he rolled his eyes before turning away and stroking Russell who was sat next to him.

"What's up?" I asked as I noted his blue demeanour.

"Stressed" he replied as he stroked Russell's head. The dog looked up at his master lovingly while panting, completely content just to sit there with him.

"Oh, anything I can do to help?" I asked and he snickered.

"Yes" he replied bluntly and I frowned. 

"Okay...what?" I asked and he just smiled without saying anything.

Alright then.....

"Don't you have someone else to bother" he muttered and I raised my brows.

"Bother? Hunter, do you mean that?" I asked, delaying my judgement for the time being.

"...No, I regret saying that already....sorry" he eventually piped up and I smiled at him sympathetically.

"You're not very good at being moody Hunter" I commented and he sighed.

"Actually, technically that would make me good at being moody, as I was acting very moody" he corrected matter-of-factly and I smirked.

"Good point" I said, and then it descended back into silence again.

"...Am I the cause of your stress?" I asked eventually, and he looked at the ground kind of guiltily.

"Maybe" he admitted and I sighed.

"Is it things that I've been doing?" I asked and he remained silent just staring the at the ground.

"Its not your fault" he muttered after a few minutes of awkward silence, and I bit my lip.

"Why are you out here anyway?" he asked and I smiled.

"I heard Russell barking and assumed you'd be out here" I explained, which was true, I was actually looking for Hunter.

"Why would you want to talk to me?" he questioned, making me sigh.

"Well, number one, you're nice. Number two, you're not that crazy. And number three, you're not a super strict asshole" I listed and he raised a brow.

"You're not going to tell me that you enjoy my company or anything?" he smirked and I rolled my eyes.

"If I didn't enjoy your company, why would I have wanted to talk to you?" I reassured and he shrugged. 

"So you're telling me you enjoy the company of every single brother in this house?" he asked and I frowned. 

"Um, I guess so. Although Chance is often moody so I wouldn't go quite far as the word 'enjoy' with him" I admitted and he chuckled. 

"What about Zac? I've noticed him being really stressed recently" Hunter questioned curiously and I frowned. 

"Stressed? I haven't noticed...." I admitted and Hunter started stroking Russell again.