99

To say the train ride was awkward because of Alex and I was an understatement.

It was relatively silent on the table, with Nate and Hunter talking, kind of arguing, in the background, as well as the general ambient noises from the other passengers.

Caleb was entranced in a book on his phone, and I just stared out the window, feeling nostalgic from the view.

Aaron practically emitted anxiety like radiation. He was completely tense, sitting like he was just waiting for something to go wrong. He kept on asking me strange pointless questions, as if he was trying to distract me from something, but I knew he was just trying to distract himself from how hopelessly socially inept he was. He was a wreck, and really needed to live in the middle of the countryside or something to get away from society because what the fuck honestly.

Alex just tapped his foot constantly, obviously his phone wasn't sufficient enough to entertain him. It was probably anxiety that made him unusually bad though, because I kept on shooting him down every time he tried to communicate. It got a bit ridiculous I could admit that, and eventually Aaron quietly suggested that I should stop being such a bitch. Well, he phrased it a whole lot more politely than that, but I got the message.

I was so annoyed at Alex though, I felt like he was being unfair, and my little crush on him didn't help the feeling of betrayal. Damned brat.

Stop being a little bitch, me, goddamn.

I need to get off of this damn train!

"You're both going to give me an anxiety attack." Aaron commented suddenly, and I realised we were both tapping our feet and fidgeting awkwardly.

"I'm sorry." I apologised to Aaron seriously, and Alex looked up from his phone. I didn't do anything as he gave me eye contact, and simply raised a brow when a few moments had past.

"Are we nearly there yet?" Caleb asked quietly without looking up from his phone.

Aaron bit his lip. "Uhh..." He looked at me unsurely and I rolled my eyes.

"They said something about coming up to Temple meads or something didn't they, that's in Bristol." I explained and they gave me blank expressions.

"Yes we're about half an hour away I'd say." I chuckled to myself and Alex made a face.

"I was hoping we'd be closer." He complained, and I felt a rush of irritation from hearing his voice.

Aaron gave me a look when I frowned and opened my mouth to give an angry comment. I sighed and sat back in my seat, remaining quiet.

I think I just need a break.

Being a moody twat is the worst way I could behave after all they've done for me.

I sighed and stared out if the window gloomily.

Aaron gave me a smile when I glanced at him, and I smiled back. I certainly don't want Aaron to think I am any more of a whiny brat then he already does.

Alex sighed and I looked to see him staring at the table surface sadly.

Okay, enough of this, I hate holding grudges.

I decided against saying anything, but relaxed and sat up properly, smiling to myself as I sent a few texts to Erin.

-

It was a bit hectic when we got to the station, everyone seemed to be a little panicked when people were moving too slowly infront of them. It was like they thought the train would leave if they weren't quick enough or something. I just watched in amusement, glad I only had a small backpack to carry.