53

I talked with Caleb until it got dark and cold, which wasn't very pleasant.

"Um, any chance we could not be outside in the cold?" I asked and he made a disappointed face.

"I only go inside that hell hole if I have to, but I understand if you're cold, I need to get going anyway" he said and I frowned as he stood up.

"Homework?" I asked with a smile and he smirked before practically jumping off the balcony and landing like some sort of free runner.

"No comment!" he called as he walked away, and I chuckled as Ana took off and followed him.

Looks like Ana has a new pet now, or she could just be a fan of new friends.

Yet at the same time be scared of strangers...

Go figure.

-

After a good hour or two chatting with Erin about seriously random things on facebook I decided to go downstairs and seem like I wasn't avoiding everyone too much.

I had second thoughts when I heard Alex and Nate having a seriously pointless argument about which sports are better and avoided the living room.

I walked around a few rooms, not really having a purpose and thinking to myself.

"Riley!!" Luca called from somewhere in the house and I sighed.

I walked out into the hall and nearly bumped into him as he practically speed walked around the corner. "Jesus Riley, where were you?" he sighed then asked and I blinked at him.

"Um, walking around..." I said and he frowned.

"For a few hours?" he asked with a raised brow.

"No, I was in my room with Caleb earlier." I explained and he raised both of his brows.

I worded that badly.

"On the balcony" I added and he still looked confused.

"Caleb was talking to you?" he asked and I raised a brow at him.

"Yes..." I said and he made a surprised face.

"Wow....You truly are something aren't you...." he muttered and I gave him a look.

The fuck...

"Caleb never talks to any of us." he explained himself when he noticed my freaked out expression.

"Oh....okay...well he didn't seem that bad to me" I stated and he smiled.

"Er, anyway, I need to talk to you about something" he seemed to remember what he was doing and gave me a serious look.

Ohh...I have a feeling I won't like it...

He gave me his signature worried expression before walking past me, and I bit my lip before following him into the study room.

He shut the door and I watched him with my arms crossed, not feeling comfortable enough to sit down.

He turned to me and just stared at me with a frown for a few moments before sighing.

"Look, Riley, I need you to be honest with me if I'm going to understand you" he said and I raised a brow.

"Why do you need to understand me?" I asked and he sighed.

"Because otherwise I'll get just as frustrated with you as everyone else does" he explained and I made a confused face.

"......you think me being honest with you will reveal something that explains the way I act or something?" I questioned while giving him a look.