135

I ended up getting a really sore neck from sleeping in the games room all night. Didn't enjoy being woken by Chance early in the morning and being told I need to be at the police station in an hour.

Ugghh.

I thought I was going to have an awkward morning of Chance's company, but Aaron joined us last minute, despite it being a college day.

Not that I don't appreciate his company, but I hate to be the cause of him falling behind...

Chance and Aaron seemed to get on fine though, so I didn't have to worry about tension or arguments.

We were greeted by two women at the entrance before I left both Aaron and Chance waiting in the foyer.

I just really want to get this over with.

In a detective interview room yet again...

"We're going to ask you a few questions then head down to forensics if that's alright with you?" One of the women smiled and asked me politely.

"Uh..sure, forensics?"

"Just to record and take evidence of scar tissue and things like that."

"I see..." I crossed my arms uncomfortably as I sat opposite them.

"So this investigation is for two cases, we'll be adding the results to both files, with your consent."

"Sure, doesn't make a difference to me." I sighed.

"Alright, let's start with the basics." The smaller woman sighed as she read a large document. "Your name is Riley Piscarra, previously Marston and Stevens. Your mother is Clarisse Piscarra, previously...a lot but notably Marston and Aicher and has divorced 8 times, your father is Charlie Marston and is divorced twice. The accused is Matias Figuerro formerly Matias Marston, and Finn Aicher."

"Uh... yeah. Wait, Piscarra? That's what my name is written as?"

"Unofficially, yes, I understand that's a recent development. It will be pending for a while but will be Piscarra by the time the case goes to trial."

"She's divorced already?" My mouth dropped open and they gave each looks.

"She officially completed filing for a divorce this morning...you're unaware of your mother's marriage status? Are you not that close?"

"I don't understand, she talked to me yesterday about it but I didn't realise she was already done." I sighed. "It's that easy to get a divorce?"

"It'll be a few months before the divorce proceedings are complete, but they're legally separated now, yes. It's not really relevent to the case though is it?"

"Sorry...I often can't keep up with what my mother is up to...I don't get along well with her." I sighed, frowning as I watched the other woman writing things down.

"Okay... moving on. Please state your relationship with Matias Figuerro."

"Um, he used to be my stepfather. Married to my father for a while. Not sure when.. I think it was 2014? Whenever it became legal in England, I don't keep track."

"Are you not close with your father either?"

"No, we're practically strangers."

"Is there anyone you'd consider a parental figure?"

"I guess not..."

"Interesting...now please state your relationship with Finn Aicher."

"Used to be my stepbrother, on my mother's side."