101

Dalmatians.

Cough, join my Discord server, cough.
-

The atmosphere was pretty tense when we got back to the house. I immediately split up from Aaron to avoid the awkwardness and headed up the ladder to my room.

I sat in the bed with my clothes on and just stared at the wall for a while until Nate came in.

"I'm sorry about Alex, he was being a little extra." Nate apologised and I raised a brow.

"Just a little."

"He had a point at first though."

"I'm sorry Nate, I didn't mean to avoid you all. These past few days have been a bit... tough." I said, hating that I was using it as an excuse.

"Just a warning, you probably won't get away scott free tomorrow. He says he's going to make you and Alex sit in a room until you aplogize to each other." He said and I frowned.

"I'm not apologising." I huffed and Nate shrugged as he took his shirt off and got changed.

"Then you'll be there for a while. I think you should. You did punch him."

"He punched me first."

"Doesn't mean you have to stoop to his level. Aaron may not be able to make himself scold you, but you still weren't in the right either." Nate said and I sighed before turning around and lying down.

"It was him that was being insulted."

"And that happens all of the time, it's the first thing any of us do when we're arguing with him, gets kind of repetitive actually."

"Doesn't mean it's okay." I growled, feeling anger at the pit of my stomach.

Nate smirked. "Right. You don't have to protect him, he can look after himself."

I stayed silent after that, and Nate turned the light off.

I couldn't stop feeling on edge, and stared at the wall for a while.

I felt awful about what I did, but I still felt angry about what Alex had said.

And I felt embarrassed about the things I had said, or accidentally insinuated.

-

I sat up after what felt like a few hours and sighed. I looked down at my hands and could see they're were shaking even with the lack of light.

It was nearly completely dark, and Nate was obviously fast asleep.

I sighed again before deciding to get get a drink or something.

I shuffled down the ladder cautiously, finding my feet on the cold tiles uncomfortable as I walked into the kitchen.

I paced a bit before cursing and walking outside for some fresh air.

The night air was cold, and the landscape was uncomfortably silent.

I walked over to the edge of the pool and sat by it, watching the moon's reflection on the water. I then huffed as I stretched my neck that had become sore from stress.

The cold air was giving me goosebumps, and I rubbed my arms before digging my nails into my skin in frustration.

I closed my eyes tightly before a small sob escaped my lips.

I gripped the pool tiles in panic as I noticed my shallow breaths, and grit my teeth as I began to feel light headed.

Great, just fucking great.