138

I didn't have the heart to wake Aaron for a long while, but eventually the sky started to orange and I knew we shouldn't be here in the dark.

Also my leg fell asleep.

"Aaron..." I said quietly, gently stroking his cheek.

"Aaron. You need to get up, love. Please." I said louder and saw his eyebrows twitch.

I gave him a few moments while running my fingers through his hair, and he eventually opened his eyes fully.

"That was a pretty deep sleep." I commented with a chuckle and he frowned, sitting up.

"When...did I fall asleep..?" He questioned, seeming drowsy and confused, and I smiled at him warmly.

"A little while ago..."

"It's getting dark?"

"A medium while ago?" I chuckled.

He blinked a little, adjusting, then shook his head and tied his hair up in a quick messy bun.

"We should get back before it gets cold." He stated, and I nodded in agreement, smiling when he stared at me.

"What?" I eventually asked and he shook his head, casually moving forwards and pressing his lips against mine.

Oh okay, thanks.

I blinked in surprise when he moved back slightly, then felt my cheeks go warm.

He chuckled. "I love how you always go red when I do that."

"What?!"

Its visible?!

Oh crap. Seriously.

I hate that!

I looked away from him in embarrassment and he chuckled again.

"Riley...I didn't know you were so shy."

"I'm not!"

"Then why are you acting so bashful?"

"I'm most definitely not."

"Why are you so defensive about it?"

"I'm NOT." I persisted as he shook his head and laughed. He gently rested his forehead against mine and I smiled, leaning against him and closing my eyes.

"You're so gorgeous." He commented and I choked on my breath.

"Aaron..." I complained, moving back a little and he kissed my cheek, then my lips, not leaving much space between us as he watched me for a few moments.

I didn't say anything, just stared at his features, taking in his face. I took note of the colours in his eyes. Warm brown, but streaks of almost purple near the centre. Gold specks dotted around the iris...one eye seemed a little brighter than the other.

"You have heterochromia." I commented and he frowned.

"What? I think I'd be aware of that if I did."

"Not the rare obvious kind, just a subtle difference."

"Everyone probably has that." He commented and I rolled my eyes slightly.

"Well they don't have your gorgeous face to go with it." I teased and he snorted.

"It's like complementing me is a defense mechanism you have or something."

"How would that be effective?" I chuckled.

"Well it makes me uncomfortable like you."

"Hmm." I smiled at him before gently kissing him. "I'm not uncomfortable."