41

Okay, it's Sunday today, I can stay in bed just browsing the internet without being seen as lazy right?

I hoped that was the case as I finished getting dressed after my shower, just deciding to unpack my laptop and sit on my bed again. I really didn't feel like being in a room with more then a small group of people in today. 

So it will be just me, and my pc. 

...And the internet, can't forget the internet. 

I looked at the time after what must have been a few minutes and realised it had been 4 hours....oops.

I was then distracted by a presence near my door, and looked to see Nate peeking his head in. How did he open it without me hearing, is he ninja or something. 

"Sorry, I was just checking if you were alright" he explained and I smiled while tilting my head slightly in questioning. 

"Why would I not be?" I asked and he stepped more into the room, bashfully closing the door behind him. 

"Well, you seemed upset last night, about that phone call.." he explained as he walked over, and I frowned. 

"Oh, well I'm fine, just decided to laze around for a bit" I said and smiled as I stretched, making him smirk.

"Well, mind if I join you in lazing around?" he asked and collapsed on the bed next to me when I shook my head with a smile. 

"Soo...what was that phone call about?" he asked while looking at me upside-down and I sighed.

"It was my father, he want's me to move back to England with him. Which wont happen..but..he says I must come visit him this holiday.....I hate travelling alone though.." I explained gloomily and he rolled over, looking at me with new found interest. 

"Move back? You sure that won't happen?" he asked with wide eyes and I shook my head.

"No, I'm seventeen so there isn't much he can do when it comes to asking for custody, and when I turn eighteen it will be impossible. But he can try I guess" I replied and sighed, resting my head back on the backboard of the bed. 

"Make sure he doesn't try anything then.....isn't there a way one of us can come along? I'll protect you" Nate suggested with a smile and I rolled my eyes. 

"What do you mean 'try anything' there is nothing he can do" I said and put my computer to the side flopping down on the bed next to him and lying on my side. 

"Hmm.. So if your dad is British, is your mom too?" Nate eventually broke the calm silence and I narrowed my eyes. 

"Uhh....never really took notice of her accent...but I think it must be British then..she doesn't really have one, like me" I said and he snorted, then chuckled as I gave him a look.

"The fuck Riley, your accent is as thick AF" he said and I frowned.

"Oh.....okay" I mumbled and he rolled his eyes. 

"Well, where was your mother from?" I asked, genuinely curious. 

"Kentucky, but her dad was from Zambia if that's what you were wondering about" he explained lazily and I smiled. 

He was the darkest out of all of his brothers, yet didn't have the characteristic you'd expect of someone of his skin tone. Physical characteristics I mean, like thick hair and that. 

"So was her mother white?" I asked and he frowned as he thought. 

"I don't know, must of been, but she died so long ago there aren't any pictures of her" he said and I sighed.

"Do you talk to your mother or not?" I asked and he shrugged. 

"Well as you can guess she wasn't the most fortunate of people, being in the prostitution business and all. So she isn't the most pleasant person to talk to" he explained and chuckled.

I was really stumped about why this family existed. Why would a rich man go round impregnating a bunch of women, then accept their babies and look after them himself, using up all his money and time? Well, time didn't seem to be the thing given to these guys, but still. 

"Ask Chance, he seems to have a valid theory" Nate suddenly piped up, guessing what I was thinking about.

"Hmph, unsure if i want to know" I said then stretched as I rolled onto my back, using his side as a pillow. 

"You don't really" he replied passively and I just stared at the ceiling.

"Have you ever been with a girl?" he suddenly asked, and I shook my head dramatically.

"No, keep vaginas away from me thank you very much" I said and he chuckled. 

"So you've had boyfriends?" he asked and I bit my lip.

"Not really the type to have boyfriends...but I had one once, recently actually. When I was in Texas" I said honestly, it was an unwanted subject though.

"Ohhh, you break up already or just leave and part ways?" he asked and I bit my lip harder. 

"Err...I kind of cheated on him...and he broke up..with me" I explained shamefully and he gasped. 

"Riley you hoe" he exclaimed dramatically and I rolled my eyes with a smile. 

"Yeah it really was my bad" I said and he chuckled.

"What did the other man do, did he seduce you" he teased and I snorted.

"No, he was hot and gay, so I took my chance" I admitted and he gasped even louder. 

"You monster!" he whisper-shouted and I gave him a look. 

"Don't tell me you the one who seduced him" he asked while he turned and leaned over my chest. 

I looked away and avoided eye contact and he started laughing.

"Well well well, so the innocence really is a facade" he said and I snickered. 

"It's not a facade, its an assumption" I said matter-of-factly and he shrugged. 

"Blame it on your looks" he said and pinched my cheek, making me slap his hand away and playfully glare at him.

"What about you,  you ever had a boyfriend?" I asked trying to change the subject and he sighed, resting his head on my chest. 

"Yeah, a few. One recently though......he cheated on me." he confessed and I bit my lip.

Surprised he wasn't angry at my little secret then..

"Oh...I'm sorry" I said and he chuckled.

"Don't worry, we weren't meant to be" he said and smiled as he looked up with his chin rested on his hands.

"Oh you're that type are you, it's all in our destiny is it?" I said and chuckled, making him roll his eyes. 

"That's the better way of thinking, stops you getting unnecessarily stressed sometimes" he explained and rested his head again with a sigh.

"Oh? If i didn't know any better I'd think you were mellow. But I do, and you are a jealous fuck" I remarked and he scoffed.

"I get emotional when i need to be" he said and it was my turn to scoff. 

"Oh and getting angry when people are joking around is needed is it?" I said and laughed at his reaction.

"Well........Emotions are needed" he eventually defended and I shook my head in amusement. 

"Right, miss drama queen" I said and he rolled his eyes. 

"Whatever, I'm tired now, be my pillow" he said and I chuckled before descending into silence and relishing the quiet company. 

If only all the brothers were able to be calm like he is.  

Eh, life would be too boring if that was the case wouldn't it.