63

The silence was painful as we both just stared at each other.

I felt tears slide down my cheek as I swallowed hard.

"Thank you" I whispered and he sniffed.

"You already knew though, didn't you?" he asked suspiciously and I looked to the ground guiltily.

"Was always suspicious, i'm not stupid." I muttered and he squeezed my arm.

"But you knew exactly what I had; did you look in my cupboard? How did you know what they were..." he question and I bit my lip.

"Stop that...it's distracting" he said with a frown and I stopped myself.

"I did, and I searched one of the names..." I admitted and he sighed.

"I was trying to spare you..." he mumbled and I shook my head.

"Getting more and more ill without confiding in me would have broken my heart Erin, I care about you, how would you think I'd feel if I didn't know what was wrong with my best friend?"

"...I'm sorry" he muttered and I sighed.

"It doesn't matter, thank you for telling me..."

"I can't afford it" he suddenly said and I gave him a confused look.

"An answer to most of your questions, I can't afford it....we can't afford anything..." he said and looked down at his hands.

"Can't you get help to pay for it?" I asked and he gave me a look.

"Don't you think I would've already? It's complicated, but no" he muttered and I sighed.

I felt horrible...I've never experienced not having enough money for health care.

My mother may have been poor at some points but my father would always send plenty of money if I got ill.

"No one will buy the house, not like I want them to sell their house for a simple adopted no one anyway...We do get some help of course I won't lie...but not enough..." he explained and I sighed.

I took his hands in my own and looked him in the eyes.

"Erin, I'll get you the money, how much do you need?" I asked and he scoffed, trying to pull away but I held on tighter.

"Riley I can't ask you to do that..."

"Yes you fucking can, if not for you then for me" I persisted and he sighed.

"Riley..." he murmured quietly but I wasn't going to change my mind.

"I'll get you it anyway, now are you going to give me your bank details or am I going to have to steal them illegally?" I asked and he snickered.

"You'd never pull that off" he commented in amusement and I gave him a look.

"I would, I can do many things when determined" I defended and he smiled at me.

How would I get the money? I have nothing in my name...at least not enough to pay medical bills...

Getting money from the brothers would be just as bad as stealing from a random house right now, they owe me nothing, and in fact I probably owe them if you think about it...

Not like I wouldn't steal from a random house to get him the money...

My father, he has enough to spare...and if he hasn't changed the arrogant bastard still has his details in his office drawer. Ugh, if I could only remember it from when I was younger...that would be impossible, but it's still irritating.