Chapter 12

*Warning*:  mild Horsey talk

oxer:a few poles as a set of two poles horizantily next to each other a few lenghts apart....

brush: a solid base then a bushy thingy......like a bush 0.0 that the horse kinda jumps through rather than over

coffin: rail jump, down hill, ditch filled with water, up hill then another rail jump

 this time can i ask you guys who you ship with Riley most? :D

I sat on the tall horse quietly as i watched Caleb mount his. This horse was definitely hyperactive, but nothing I haven't dealt with before. But when I did deal with those types of horses I normally had already accepted I was going to fall off. That might turn out fatal if I fall of today though..

Pushing that thought aside I followed Caleb down the gravel path and into the trees. He went a little way before stopping next to the treeline by a huge field. On the field were a few jumps leading into trees on the other end. "Woah......" I commented and he smirked. "I'll jump the red jumps, you jump the blue, got it?" he explained and I looked into the field. Some of the jumps had blue flags and some of them had red. 

I narrowed my eyes at the first blue jump, it was a giant oxer, and the first red was just a simple brush jump. "They are the same difficulty courses right?" I asked and he rolled his eyes. "Duh, not chickening out are you?" he smirked at me and I glared at him. "No way" I replied and looked at the course, the next jumps should be easy enough to find, but I don't know what they are so I am at a disadvantage.

 "Three, two , one-go!" he shouted and set off, I rolled my eyes before kicking my horse on. It sprang forward, taking me by surprise, but I managed to get control before I reached the jump. 

It glided over the jump and immediately turned, without my permission may I add, to the next jump, which was a coffin set out on a actually rather large hill. This horse knows the course, and I don't. This might not turn out well.

I steadied the horse into a canter and it jumped calmly over the first rail, then literally sprinted for the ditch.

"Woah" I said, trying to calm it down. The horse jumped the ditch and had to slow down going up the hill and over the other rail. 

I looked over to Caleb to see him just infront of me, disappearing into the trees. I then looked back to the red jumps and narrowed my eyes suspiciously, they don't look as hard.

----- prevention of you falling asleep---

"They weren't as high as the blue jumps" I said as I crossed my arms, I had just ridden up to Caleb after going over the last jump, and he looked pretty pleased with himself. 

"Uh Huh, you think that" he smirked at me and I rolled my eyes.  The horse I  was riding had now decided to start flinging it head in the air and my hands were rubbed raw from the reins constantly being pulled. 

"This horse doesn't like me" I commented as it starting prancing and messing around. I looked over to Caleb who's horse was standing perfectly still. 

.................Bastard.......

"I think we might of been gone to long" Caleb commented as he looked at the sky. I got my phone out of my jacket pocket and looked at the time. Huh, I  think my phone has cracked more, I thought as I read 1:00. Maybe we have..

"You take your phone with you?" Caleb asked me with a raised brow. "Yeah, it's destroyed enough already and it has never made a sound anyway, so there is no loud ring-tone to worry about" I explained, then looked down to the screen again. I frowned when I remembered the text from yesterday and opened it.