/Chapter 8/

Your PoV

After I finish the performance, I looked at the audience nervously. They are just looking at me then not so long they started to clap.

I felt the spotlight struck on me. I was startled but it gives me a positive feeling.

Is this the feeling?

Is this what I've been wanting?

This feels great.

"Y/N!" Mrs. Kim called up as I walked down the stage.

"Mrs. Kim, h-how is it?" I asked nervously.

"You did great, you gave justice to the song jeez!" She said and wiped her fake tears.

I looked beside her and it's Ms. Park. I bowed and greeted her.

"May I talk to you?" Ms. Park said

"N-ne."

"Momo, just excused me for a bit." Ms. Park said.

She signaled me to follow her then I bid goodbye to Mrs. Kim.

I saw Mrs. Kim gave a thumbs up to me and a big smile.

While walking, I just keep my eyes on Ms. Park. I'm quite nervous, to be honest. We arrived at her office. She walked to her table and signaled me to sit.

"Did you sneak?"

"N-ne..."

"You did great a while ago." She said that made me look at her.

Is that true? The strictest vocal teacher here in Hanyoung complimented me!?

"Thank you!" I said and bowed

"Did you know that that song has a history?" She asked which made me stand up straightly.

"Ne?"

"Momo suggested it for a reason. You know IU right?"

"Ah yeah, everyone knows her."

"IU is your mom's role model. That song... She sang it before." Ms. Park said that made me out of myself for a while.

"You know the meaning of the song right?"

I just nodded and didn't talk as I just want her to speak.

"Not being fine and having just you to comfort yourself. Waiting for the tears to disappear... when she sang it... It's so emotional that you can feel her song. I guess that was the message of your mother before she left the Hanyoung."

"It's also the same event. We have a showcase. Final showcase to be exact. Your mom is a great singer, she has potential and the teachers here know it. On the last showcase, she sang it with her pure feeling. That made her get in the final lineup of the students who can debut as a singer. But then... She withdraws. That was her last appearance, after several months we found out that she's pregnant and it was you. She was so happy that day when we saw her. It's also the day when she's already giving birth to you. At least we saw her smiling that day."

"W-what do you mean?"

"She left Hanyoung because she's already pregnant. Nayeon wants to be a famous singer but she decided to set it aside. I thought the last time we'll see her is her with her sad face. Which is the performance."

"But the day when she gave birth to you, you can see her pure smile. In the song, it said that 'sunshine will dry the tears.' And that sunshine is you." She said and gave me something.

"W-what is this?"

"It's a box... for you, before her operation, she gave it to me. Asking to give that to you if I meet you someday. She probably knows that Jeongyeon will cut his ties to us. I wonder how? She knows it too well..."