Chapter 72

Your PoV

I am in the house as mom asked me to stay here while she's on her way to get some groceries.

Suddenly, my phone rings. I get it and saw hal-abeoji's number.

"Hal-abeoji, hello." I greeted.

["Y/N, are you with Nayeon? She's not answering my phone calls."]

I looked around and saw her phone on the table. She left it.

"Oh, She left it. She went out to buy some groceries. Why hal-abeoji?"

["Ah, can you follow her and tell her to buy the things I'll send to you. We have to prepare for a celebration for tomorrow."]

"Celebration huh? Okay, hal-abeoji. Text me the list. I'll go with unnie."

After that call, I ended it and get my jacket and mom's phone before leaving the house.

It's already night so I expected the cold wind outside. I walked into the crowds But stops as I sight two familiar figures standing under the streetlights.

"Mom..."

I felt a sudden sore in my chest with a satisfying feeling that I don't want to end.

Mom is hugging dad... what a sight that I almost miss.

I remained on my place for I don't know how long. I want to join them but I'm afraid that I would ruin the mood.

As I saw them broke in the hug. I walk towards them as if I didn't see what happened.

"Unnie!" Mom turned around as I called her.

"Y/N, why are you here? I told you to look aft-"

"I know. Hal-abeoji called me. He wants to add up these and you forgot your phone. There is a celebration for tomorrow, he said." I said and shrugged.

"Oppa, annyeong." I greeted as I turned my gaze to dad.

His eyes were red which sends me sadness. For a minute, I came curious about what just happened.

"Y/N-ssi." He uttered as he pulled up a smile.

"I'll be going, Nayeon." Dad said.

"Wait, are you sure?" Mom asked.

I looked at them as they went silent.

Okay, maybe walking in at the middle of their moment is really not a great plan.

"Don't you want to come with us? I mean, if that's only okay." I said.

"Yeah, It's okay. Let's hang out after?" Mom asked.

Wah- did my mom asked dad?!

"I-I mean, three of us."

Dad and I had a contact. I shut my mouth before I could say anything that would make the atmosphere more heavier and just nodded.

"That's good idea! Let's go." I exclaimed.

We continue to walk but this time, the atmosphere is more calm but silent. I'm clinging to mom while dad is on my other side. Basically I'm in the middle.

"You two should stop going out at this time. I mean if you guys were alone." Dad said.

"Nah, it's fine. You're here, you'll surely gonna save us if something bad happened." I said.

"That's not what I meant. But yeah, thanks I'm here."

"Anyway, Y/N. What about the celebration that dad talked about?" Mom asked.