Chapter 67

Nayeon's PoV

"That is the guy who showed up in the police station and said that he is Y/N's father."

Jeongyeon and I looked at each other as if we are thinking the same thing.

"Hey lovebirds! We need to go back now. I already paid for our foods." I heard Jihyo said.

Instead of leaving, I approached the guy as I ended the call with dad. He was confused not until I spoke up.

"Excuse me, uh good morning. I just want to ask you something... is that fine?" I said.

Jeongyeon also come with Jihyo.

"Sure, what is it?" He asked as he looked each of us.

Looking at him, he seems like someone who can't even raise a child. I mean, I'm not judging him but that all it says. The way he dressed up, the unshaved hair on his face and white hair he have. I can't even see any similar features of him and Y/N.

"Can we talk to you for a while? Just for a project in school." I said.

I saw Jihyo on my side who is confused but Jeongyeon stops her before she could react.

"We'll pay for your groceries... we just need.. your time." I said.

He thinks for a while then nodded. As we paid for his groceries, we asked him to the nearest café here in the place. I also text dad to come over so he could take a lead on this guy.

"So uhm, shall we start?" I asked.

"Go on, Jihyo and I will order for a while." Jeongyeon said.

"But we already ha-"

"Let's go." Jeongyeon cuts as Jihyo was about to respond.

As Jeongyeon and Jihyo is walking away, Jeongyeon looked at me and mouthed something. 'Call me if you had a problem.' He said with sign.

I just nod and looked back at the guy in front of me.

"So, is it okay if I record it? We are from the Hanyoung and we need to pass a research." I lied.

He agreed right away without even thinking.

"You paid for my groceries so it's fine. I hope I could answer all your questions." He said.

What?

I cleared my throat and nodded. I get my phone but instead on recording, I called it to dad so he could here it.

"May I know your name?" I asked.

"Seo Hyunseo."

"What?" I uttered.

"Seo Hyunseo." He repeated.

But Y/N is-

"Are you married? Do you have a child?" I asked.

"I have two children, unfortunately their mother died few weeks ago." He said with visible sorrow in his eyes.

"S-sorry for that."

"It's okay, raising two children is a bit hard but I'm trying my best to be a best dad. Even if I had to do some strange things." He said and laughed awkwardly.

"Strange things?"I asked.

"Nayeon." We are interrupted as I heard my father's voice as the door of the café went open.

Mr. Seo also looked at the doorway and I saw how his expression changed into horror.

He is about to run away but Jeongyeon and Jihyo block off his way.

"Dad."

Dad walked beside me and looked at the guy in front of us.

"Please! Please don't arrest me, I just did what he asked me to do!" Mr. Seo suddenly pleaded which made us surprised.

The other people also looking at is but dad just gave them a sign to calm down as he shows his authorization ID.

"I will not, only if you'll tell us the truth. Who are you and why did you come to the police station for a person?" Dad asked.

"I-I'm Seo Hyunseo, someone just asked me to do it and said he will pay me for the job. Look, I didn't harm anyone. I did that for my children."

"When I got home, the money is already there. And my rent already paid for this year. That is the only thing that the sender wants me to do. To show up in the police station and said that I am looking for..." He said and cuts as if he is thinking of the name.

"Yoo Y/N." I said which snap him back.

"Yes! That's the name. And he left a letter that I should give to that Y/N."

"Do you recognize the person who gave you the money and the letter?" Dad asked.

"No... trust me, I came home and it's already there. I just did it because I am thankful that that person gave me that money. I need money to save my children. We need to live." Mr. Seo said as he cried.

Third Person

The conversation ended, Nayeon's father let Mr. Seo go after they asked him. They just left the café hopelessly as they recall what just happened.

"Poor Y/N." Jihyo mumbled.

"Where's Y/N?" Nayeon asked.

"She's in the school, she said she needs to go practice." Her father said.

"I guess it's really tough for her. If her father doesn't want to look for her... maybe he doesn't love Y/N? I mean, it make sense that Y/N run away to him." Jeongyeon said.

Nayeon remained silence, she doesn't know what to feel. Should be happy that her so called 'little sister" will stay with them or not because of Y/N's situation.

Just thinking, leaving your house to have some space but no one ever look after you, that is kinda mean for Y/N but Nayeon doesn't know if that will hurt Y/N the most.

"You should go back to your businesses. Y/N seems fine, let's talk to her later." Nayeon's father said.

Nayeon nods and bids goodbye to his father. While they are walking back to the building, Jeongyeon asked Nayeon.

"Do you feel sad that Y/N won't be able to be with his father?" Jeongyeon asked.

"I don't know. It will be mean if I will be happy that she will stay on us... but thinking her situation. Y/N doesn't deserve this."