/Chapter 20/

Your PoV

"May the deserving person win,"

My gaze locked on her hand who's still waiting for mine.

"Unnie..."

"Do your best, we are not here to play. It's only one of us can take the scholarship program. And you know that I will do my best to get it...right?"

As she said that, I can feel the threat on her tone. It's giving me chills.

Mommy!

I snapped back and reach for her hand.

"G-Goodluck to us," I said.

She smiled and leaves the room. The others are also doing the same so I just did what they did.

When I walk out, I lost Jihyo unnie.

Where is she??

"Y/N! How is it?" Jimin asked who came in.

"I'm performing with Jihyo unnie," I said anxiously.

"Oh..." Jimin uttered.

"I-it's ok, you should do your best. You need the scholarship right?" He added.

After I heard Park seonsaengnim's reason? I don't think I can...

"I don't think there's a way to win the scholarship program. Jimin, it's Jihyo unnie. She's the best out of the best!" I said.

"That's why you should do your best too."

"What if I lose..." I mumbled.

I looked at Jimin and he's also thinking.

"Just don't mind what will happen next. focus on what is happening now." He said.

I just sighed and shook my head.

Jihyo unnie is literally a threat. She's a teacher, a vocal teacher. Not just that, she's also the reason why many idols were known. I mean in my time, so I can't say if I could win over her...

"Why don't you try to warm up your voice? It will help you to lessen the nervousness."

I just nod and did what he said, after that, I stopped and felt that somehow I feel better.

"Here, take this. Your voice is really good. No wonder, coz you came from a family of singers." He said that made me look at him.

"How did you know?"

As far as I can remember, I didn't tell him about that... did I?

"You told it... a while ago? You said that your father studied here same goes with your mom." He said.

"Did I?" I asked confusedly.

"Aigoo, Y/N-ssi. Aren't you too young to forget things?" He said and laughed.

"Maybe because I'm too nervous, Wish me luck Jimin."

"Yah! I'm older than you, can you just call me Oppa? That would be nice." He said.

"Oh, K then... Jimin Oppa." I said and smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Number 54 & 55!"

I snapped as I heard my number. I looked at Jimin and he signaled me.

"Go Y/N!" He whispered-yell. I nodded and walked into the room. As I get in, Jihyo unnie arrives.

"Congratulations to the both of you, for passing the main audition." The Chairman asked.

"Thank you." We both said in unison and bowed.

"So you'll be singing one song, so we could finish it early." He said.

We both nod and listen as he gave the song title. Luckily, I'm quite familiar with it so no need to worry.

As the song is already given, we waited till the song started to play.

I looked at Jihyo unnie and she looks so determined about what she is doing. A typical vocal teacher...

Ok Y/N, just sing from the heart...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Third Person

As the two students started to sing, the teachers are listening intently. It's like they are looking at two exams and studying them.

On the other side, the Chairman is just looking at both students with a proud smile.

The song ended and both students bowed.

"Park Jihyo... You are a student here before." The Chairman said.

"Ne."

"And Yoo Y/N, a new student."

"N-ne."

New student? I thought she also did an audition before. Jihyo thought.

"You both sang the song differently. It has a class yet it has a different effect." The Chairman said.

Y/N gulped as she feels nervous. While Jihyo is calm and smiling.

"Y/N-ssi, what is your reaction to Jihyo's way of singing?"

"Uhm... as expected, she did great."

"Jihyo-ssi?"

"Y/N-ssi, she did great too."

The Chairman nodded in realizations and smile.

"Technically speaking, Jihyo has more experience than Y/N. So I won't take this any longer. The one who'll get the scholarship is."

The teachers looked at the Chairman expecting the same student on their mind.

"Yoo Y/N."

"Yes?"

"Congratulations."

"Yea- wait... Me?" Y/N asked in surprise.

"Yes, you. Congrats." The Chairman said and smiled.

"W-wait, why?" Jihyo asked in horror.

"Excuse me?"

"Y-you just told that I had more experience than her... so why?"

"Yes, to be honest, I know you already, and you never failed to surprise me. You even reached the high note a while ago." The chairman said with a smile.

The other teachers agreed, they're actually thinking that Jihyo is the one who'll get the scholarship but it didn't go to what they expected.

"I know, I exactly know. I even heard her flatted a note." Jihyo reasoned out.

"So why her?" Jihyo asked pressing herself.

"But you said that she did great right?" The Chairman asked.

Jihyo didn't reply as she knows she said it.

"You said she's great because you felt her voice, not because of the range of her voice. I bet you felt it." The Chairman said.

"The scholarship program is not about who did the best but who gave the most impactful. The main audition is looking for the one who has the talent, while this one is looking for the motivated one."

"Jihyo-ssi, I can't see your heart in the song. That explains why Y/N won." The Chairman said and smiled casually.

As Jihyo is pressing herself, she didn't reply but walked out of the room.

"Congratulations Yoo Y/N, You'll have the full scholarship program." The Chairman said.

Y/N don't know if she should feel happy or not. She just smiled awkwardly.

"Yoo Y/N Congrats, you can send your profile at the registrar to apply for the full scholarship." The other teacher said.

"Ne?" Y/N utters confusedly.

"Your profile, you can submit it before the first day of class starts."