/Chapter 44/

Your PoV

"Is this even working?" I asked myself as I'm wearing my uniform and getting ready for school.

I stared at the hourglass and noticed that there's no water dripping on the other side.

I clicked it and almost cursed when a drop of water fell.

"Oh shi- oh my gosh!"

I started to panic as I tried to think about what to do.

"Ok calm... calm." I breathe and check the hourglass again.

"No drips, maybe there's a time that it follows?" I gulped.

"Y/N."

I turned around surprisingly as I heard mom.

"Let's go, we're getting late." She said.

Actually, we don't have class now as today is the showcase. That's why mom is not wearing her uniform. All students are required to have their own outfits and need to be in the venue before lunch.

It's still early but mom wants to go with me since I won't be performing due to what happened. Basically, our team will just watch on them and probably will practice if ever.

"Ah ne, let's go," I said and we walk out.

"Hal-abeoji, are you going with us already?" I asked.

"I'll just follow. Take care ok?"

"Ne!" We both said and heads out of the house and saw my teammates.

"I cannot understand why we need to come to school. To what, to rub on our face that we can't perform?" Chaeyoung Oppa rants as we are walking.

"Ms. Kim wants us to see some techniques from the performers. That could help us on the next showcase." Jimin Oppa explains.

"It still upsets me as we can't perform." Dahyun Oppa sighed.

I looked at Tzuyu Oppa and he's just in silence.

"Learn to face the consequences guys, there will be another chance." Mom said.

"If your team will be chosen, there might be some companies that will get you." Chaeyoung Oppa said.

"We need to perform again if that's the case, that is the new rule." Mom said.

"Is that so? Then you must choose a good song, your lucky song!" Dahyun Oppa said.

"Lucky song?" I asked.

"Yeah, Someday by IU. It is my favorite song and I sang it on the audition."

My eyes widened as I heard the song.

"That was the last song that she sang before she left the school and disappeared."

I suddenly remembered what Jihyo unnie who is my teacher said to me.

"No!"

They all stopped and looked at me.

"Why?"

"I-I mean, I d-don't think I-It suits on you unnie... t-Try another song." I nervously said.

"You think so?" Mom asked.

"N-ne!"

"Hmm? I think it suits her voice. Any songs would suit on her voice." Jimin Oppa said.

"Well, It's not yet confirmed. But if Y/N said so, and my team will be chosen, HOPEFULLY. Then let's see." Mom said and walks.

I sighed and just continued to walk too.
~~~~~~~~~~
"Let's play!" Dahyun Oppa said as we are in the auditorium since the event is not yet starting.

I just watch at them while they are having fun and mom is vocalizing with her teammates.

"Thoughts?" Jimin Oppa asked as she showed up.

"Nothing."

"Are you still upset?" He asked.

I looked down on my playing feet and smiled forcefully.

"Kinda..."

"Then don't watch." He said making me look at him.

"I need to watch mo- I mean unnie. I want to support her."

"Then let's just go in if they are performing already. Envious is a vice that if we weren't able to stop, it can eat the whole us and plant a bad version of us."

"I'm not... it's just-"

"It's ok, I have my friends and they will inform us if Nayeon's team are performing." He said and hold my wrist as we walked out of the school and went to the schoolyard.

"Have you tried playing catch?" He asked.

"I dreamed of playing this with my dad." He said and gave me a baseball glove.

"Let's play while we are waiting." He said and wears another glove for him.

"As I throw the ball, I will also ask you a question and you need to catch the ball and answer my question. We'll do it vice-versa, Got it?"

I just nod and wears the glove and wait on his signal.

"Oh, game!"

"Why do you want to be an idol?" He asked as he throws the ball.

I spread my glove and felt excited as It lands on my glove exactly.

"At first I just want to be an idol because I like music. But now, it's because this is the way that my parents went through." I said and throw the ball as I asked him.

"How about you?"

"I want to be a professional dancer and also a well-known idol. In that way, if I had a child, I can introduce my child to my fans." He said making me surprised.

"Who do you look the most, your father or your mother?" He asked as he repeated the sequence.

"Some say, my mom. That's why dad can't forget her too because I look like my mom."

"Ohh."

"What do you like the most, dancing or singing?" I asked.

"Dancing, it makes my body workout. That's why I am buffed."

"But small." I teased

He squints as he pouts as he got offended.

"I'm just kidding."

"You're small too." He said as he throws the ball.

"It's because I didn't get my dad's height," I said causing him to laugh.

"Yah! Focus, What's your ideal girl?" I asked and throw back the ball.

"I date cute girls, shorter than me and probably the girly type." He said.

"Ohh, sounds familiar..."

"Really?"

We are just keeping the sequence as we throw lines on each other.

"Sounds like Nayeon unnie," I said and squints.

"What? N-no." He said and blushed.

What the-

"Jimin!"

We snapped as someone approached us.

"Namjoon Hyung."

"Nayeon performance, let's go."

"Y/N let's go." Jimin Oppa said and we walk inside.

While we are walking back, I looked at Jimin Oppa.

What does he look like in the future, I suddenly got curious...