/Chapter 54/

Jeongyeon's PoV

It's already late when we arrive back at their house. Nayeon seems fine now compared to a while ago that her eyes are so puffy.

"So, I'm going to leave you here? Y/N must be sleeping already." I said since it's really late now.

"Yeah, thank you," Nayeon said and still standing in front of their gate.

"Uhm... aren't you going in?" I asked.

She snapped and nodded.

"See you tomorrow, I guess." She said.

I smiled and nod.

"See you."

After she walks in, I started to walk away from their house.

I'm just walking silently as the moon guides me back to the house. As soon as I go back there, I'll be the Jeongyeon that no one ever knows.

I tried to brush off the thoughts but it was replaced by the conversation we had a while ago. I was right. It just broke me that Nayeon doesn't really see me as someone who can be with him in the future.

"Stupid Jeongyeon." I sighed and kicks on the rock that I saw.

"You're really such a mess for putting love in your life when you really don't need to," I said to myself.

I sat on the floor not minding the cold wind passing in this street. I just leaned on the wall as a streetlight is lighting me up.

"You're stupid, such a mess.I don't know you anymore."

~~~~~~

"Jeongyeon, why did you come home late? You know that your father needs your help here."

"Sorry mom, I just need to help a friend."

"Help a friend? Why don't you just help your father?"

I sighed and just nod. It's already 3:00 am but still, instead of sleeping, I need to help my father with his workshop.

"Hi, dad."

"Jeongyeon, how's your day? Why are you here? You should be taking some rest. If you don't sleep, your face will be ruin. You want to have some dark spots on your under-eye?"

"Dad, I'm fine. We'll be having a training, so no need to worry."

"Wow, I still can't believe you are an artist now."

"Not yet, dad, I'm still a trainee," I said.

"That is close enough, you'll be going on that way anyway." He said.

I never wanted to be an artist or to be in public eyes. But dad and mom want me to be one. Why? Because of my looks. Not lifting my own chair but yeah. When I was still a kid, many people ask mom and dad if they want me to be an artist or show up in some movie or whatsoever.

And that's it.

If I'm going to choose, I want to manage my own business. Just like what dad is doing.

But they don't see me as someone who can be into that track. Even mom is looking down on dad. I mean, his job is not even going in good way. There is a time that I almost got to the scholarship program. Although that is not even a big thing.

Well... for me. but for mom and dad, It's a big thing. If you are part of the scholarship program, it's hard for you to be cast. Since the school focuses and gives off better spots on the regular students.

Surprisingly, the system changed. I'm planning to go down in the scholarship program. Since if you're going to see, Jihyo and Y/N able to got casted even if they are in that program. Maybe because they got the school admin's attention during the audition.

"Jeongyeon, are you listening?" Dad asked making me snapped back.

"Huh?"

"How are you and Nayeon? I noticed that you stopped telling stories about her the past days." dad said.

I smiled bitterly and gets the tool he is working on.

"She doesn't likes me. Maybe it's fine if we will remain as friends." I said.

"What? Why? When you were just kids, you two can't be separate." Dad said.

"I don't know, maybe... maybe she doesn't really see the qualities of her ideal man on me."

"That's crazy, remember when you guys are kids? She said that you are the best person ever?" dad said and laughs.

"Maybe because it is the past Jeongyeon she's referring to," I said making dad look at me.

Before, I am just a normal kid. Witty but know how to live in his life. But now, I am just a Jeongyeon who likes to mess up with everyone.

I made fun of everyone. Laugh like everything is just a joke. Because I am hoping that everything is just a joke.

Dad got scammed by a business offer. Mom became problematic. As the eldest, I need to stand on my feet carrying them.

It became stressful and no one knows it. I don't want anyone to know about it. So every time I go to school, I need to be this jolly Jeongyeon.

And I think... no- I know Nayeon dislike me because of that. I always made fun of her. Tease her, and do annoying things to her.

But that is only because I want her to help me. I can't ask it directly. I am such a coward on letting her see what I truly feel. I tease her to get her attention. Hoping that she will see it in my eyes that I am not fine. That I am struggling. That I need a friend to rest on.

But because of that, I just pushed her away with my annoying doings.

I don't want to tell her that I can't do it anymore because I want her to see me as a strong person that he can rest on in the future.

I'm expecting that she will let me feel her support just by with a simple pat on my back.

But I was wrong. And now I was stuck in the place where I can't go back.

"I'm tired, dad. I'll help you after my training tomorrow." I said and stood up to go back to my room.

I know I'll cry later on and I don't want anyone to see me as someone who will cry just because I feel so I'm close to giving up.

"Jeongyeon-ah."

"Dad?"

"There's nothing wrong with going back. People do go back when they realized they left something important."