Chapter 78

Your PoV

I woke up as I heard my alarm ringing. When I opened my eyes, mom is no longer sleeping beside me. I stretched my armsand went off of my bed before walking out without even minding my look.

While walking down, I can smell an aroma of coffee coming from kitchen.

"Good morning." I said as I walked in and saw mom.

"You're awake, good morning. Happy birthday." She greeted again.

I smiled and sat on the counter as I watch mom.

"Where's oppa?" I asked.

"They left. Just an hour ago. I needed to have them something to drink to brush of their hangover. Here, have this too."

"I'm fine. But, thanks." I said and get the soup and coffee mom prepared.

She sat across me as she had her own serving too.

"You have schedules for today?" Mom asked.

I checked my phone to see if I got messages from dowoon-nim since he is the one informing us. The past days, he focuses on me. While mom, dad and Jimin oppa are having their own managers. Tho dowoon-nim still checks on them.

I smiled as I saw two messages. One from Dowoon-nim saying happy birthday to me and saw goes as Jimin oppa.

"I don't have." I said to mom.

"But probably I'll be going to the building to do some vocal practice. The other trainees will go too so I won't be feeling alone." I said.

"Oh, fine. I'll go with you." Mom said.

"You don't have schedule?" I asked as I take a sip of coffee.

"Nah. We've finished all the small promotions. Dowoon-nim advice me to have a rest day for now but I think I should practice too." Mom said and laugh.

After having breakfast, we prepared to go and leave the house.

"Oh, Jeongyeon oppa, is he coming too?" I asked.

"He has his schedule and outside the company."

I nod and looked at my cup. I suddenly thought of something. I'm still here, it's not that I don't want to. If I could stay here. It's fine. But I know anytime sooner, I'll be going back to my real time. What scares me, is I don't know when it is.

What if I wasn't able to do the things I want to do with my parents before I leave?

"Thoughts?" Mom said which made me look at her.

I just smiled put down my cup as I sighed.

"Unnie, what if the situation is different?" I asked.

"You mean?"

I sighed and shook my head.

Right, our situation is really different. The only thing in common is our mothers let us to see how world works.

"Nothing." I said.

"I'm just thinking how can I spend time with you guys. I mean all of us, together. We are getting busy on our tracks." I said.

"We just had it last night." Mom said as she chuckles.

But one night is not enough. I know I was given a time for this and should be thankful for a little moment that I am receiving... but I just can't. It's not enough for me. I want as I get back on my time, I'll be treasuring those memories with me. Is that bad? For wanting more despite of having one already?

"But we could, maybe let's set a right time." She said.

I just smiled and finished my food. I can sense mom just looking at me. It's not uncomfortable for me tho, but I can't help but to ask.

"Unnie, is there a problem?"

She smiled at me and shook her head.

"I just remembered something."

"Really? What is it?"

"You know, meeting you is not bad, huh. I admit at first, I can't see why dad allowed you here. But while you living here, I think I became a sister figure to you. Well I know it's nothing special. And it's weird that I am saying this. But you know, it feels like I'm having someone who's really close to me? A blood related."

I giggled as I found her awkwardly sharing those. Her face say it all. Even me, I want to melt, it's not expected that a mother and child talking like this.

"Well, that's awkward." I said makes her whined.

"Awkward? It's just like me sharing my thoughts about you. As if you don't find it sweet." She hissed.

"I do, I almost carried away that I'm on my edge of calling you sister or mom." I chuckled.

She then smiled and shook her head.

"Do you think I'll be a good mom in the future?" She suddenly asked that froze me.

"Uh?"

"I mean, maybe if I won't debut. I'll probably go on different track and just live to build a family. Who knows?" She said and shrugs

"You are already unnie..."

"Hmm?"

"You're being a mom to me. It just amazes me that even if you haven't able to experience that... you know how this thing works."

She laughs and continuously shaking her head.

"Why are we even saying things that is so awkward?"

"I don't know, you started it."

"Ah, whatever. Let's go to the building now."

"Okay, I'll finish this."

"I'll go change first." She said and walks out of the kitchen.

"This is the best birthday...ever." I mumbled in the wind as I took the last sip on my cup.

After I finished it, just a second that I heard a doorbell outside. I walked out of the kitchen to check who is it, then I saw officer Hwang, hal-abeoji's co-worker.

"Where's Nayeon?"

"Hello officer Hwang, uhm... may I know why are you here?" I asked first.

He just looked at me. He looks like he want to say something but just can't.

"Uhm, hal-abeoji is not here. He went out last night." I informed.

"Y/N..." officer Hwang mumbled.

I suddenly felt that there's something wrong. All out of his voice, something's wrong...

My thoughts were cut as I heard a loud thud upstairs, coming from mom's room.

"Nayeon unnie!?" I yelled but received nothing. I decided to walk upstairs, leaving the door opened.

When I got on her room, she's sitting on the ground while her phone beside her.

"Unnie?"

"Y-Y/N." She stuttered as a tear escapes on her lid.

"Unnie, why?" I asked worriedly and walk to her.

Mom didn't reply, but a voice from behind answered my question. It's officer hwang.

"Officer Im... we got into encounter this morning. He got hit... he passed away as we got in the hospital. We've been trying to contact Nayeon, even his brother but we can't reach the both of you,"