/Chapter 53/

Nayeon's PoV

"Unnie, where are you going?" Y/N asked after I went to my room to get something.

"I just need to meet someone," I said and put the box inside my bag.

"Someone? Who, Jeongyeon Oppa?"

I stopped and look at her.

"No, anyway, Just don't forget to lock the door. I'll text you if I'm near."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, The food is ready in the kitchen, I'll see you later!" I said and leave the house.

"Ok! Take care!" She shouted.

"Alright, lock the door!" I said.

I got in the cab and get my phone to meet the person I'm going to meet.

I write my message to him but still thinking if I should send it or not.

"Jeongyeon Oppa, I guess he will be a great dad in the future."

I sighed and pressed the send button to the person.

I've been thinking about this already, I know it's strange to feel this way.

There is this person that I really like, but he doesn't want me.

And there is Jeongyeon who is willing to give his love to me.

Thinking, I can see my future with that person rather than Jeongyeon. But it's not always as that.

I'm a person that should think first and not get driven by my emotion.

I sighed once again as the cab stopped.

I opened the door and land my foot on the ground as I hopped out of the car.

"Hello." He greeted.

I smiled and bowed.

"Hi."

"Have a seat."

I nodded and sat beside him while we are just watching the sunset.

"You know that I like you, right?" I uttered while looking at my fingers that playing with the hem of my shirt.

"Yes..."

"I'm really confused... you said that you like me too, but-"

I looked at him as he's not looking at me.

"Jimin, are we really talking this way? How can I believe you if you can't even look at me."

"The past weeks, I thought we are having good connection, but why?"

Right, I like him. And to be honest, I don't know why? How and when. It just happened.

He didn't reply but he looked at me with the same eyes he gave me the first time we decided to have our time together, alone.

"I just can't. I'm not ready." He said.

"We can wait."

"There's some more other guy who loves you more than I do."

"So you didn't really like me?" I asked.

"No, It's not like that... But there are more people out there who deserve you. It's not me." He said sounding so confident.

I smiled bitterly and nodded.

"Fine, I'm glad you made it clear. But at least take this." I said as I stopped myself from crying and pulled out the box that I brought before I left.

"Nayeon-ah... I'm glad that I met you. I really do."

I stood up and chose not to look back at him since I can't stop myself anymore.

"Thank you," I mumbled and walk away.

I wiped my tears as I keep on walking avoiding looking back at him.

"NAYEON!"

I looked up and saw Jeongyeon waving his hand to me.

"HEY! Why are you out by this- did you cry?" He asked as he approached me.

"No."

"Eh, you cried, hajima, you know you can barely breathe if you cried too much." He said.

"Shut up. Why are you here?" I asked annoyingly as I continued to walk.

He walks beside me and just hummed.

"Y/N told me to follow you." He said.

I looked at him as I stopped.

"What? I can't leave you alone. Y/N told me that you are meeting someone."

"Why are you doing that? creep." I hissed.

He just laughed and shook his head.

"You want to stay somewhere first?" He asked.

"No."

"Why not? If you go home, Y/N will notice that you cried. I'm sure you don't want to talk about it now." He said.

I just avert my eyes since I can't look at him longer. He's just smiling and even his eyes too.

"If you'll let me, I knew a place."

~~~~~
"I thought he feels the same way. I can't understand. Everything is so clear between us, but then-" I stopped as I realize that I already told to him my hatred.

I look at him and he's just looking at the pond like he didn't even hear what I said.

"You heard it?"

He looked at me and smiled.

"What do you want me to answer?" He asked making me frown.

"What?"

"Whatever you want me to answer. If you want me to answer yes, then yes. If no, then no."

"You're crazy," I mumbled and shook my head.

"But still thanks," I said.

"Is that Jimin?"

I snapped and looked at him.

"Mwo?"

"I've been noticing that you both are getting along the past weeks. I thought it's just because Y/N and Jimin are close. But I'm a man, Nayeon. I know and I could tell if a girl likes a guy."

I was left unspoken after he said that.

"Forget it, we are here to witness the fireworks later." He said and chuckled.

I just smiled and look up into the sky.

Jeongyeon, my best friend, best buddy, knows me, but I don't know what happened. I just woke up and everything changed between us.

He always makes fun of me, he always teases me, he...

He changed his way of expressing himself to me.

Every time, I can't understand him. He's playful that I don't even know which is true and which is not.

But this time, he became the old friend that I admire.

"They said fireworks can tell our wish to the stars, so make a wish as the  fireworks launch." He said.

The whole moment is a peaceful silence until the crowds started to points their cameras and phone to the sky, trying to film the fireworks.

"Set your eyes on the sky, stars are meant for the sky." He said.

Multiple colors showed up as crowds started to cheer out of happiness.

I closed my eyes and just feel the noise of the fireworks.

I wish Jeongyeon will start to be open with me again, just like how we are before.