/Chapter 19/

Jihyo's PoV

As I saw Y/N, my body automatically moved I just passed her and walk into the room.

I suddenly felt nervous and uneasy not because of the audition but because I saw Y/N.

What if she'll tell the squad that I'm here?

"Jihyo-ssi, are you ready?"

I snapped back as I heard my name and nodded nervously.

I looked at the side and signaled to play my music. While it's still in the intro, I'm trying to calm myself. The song started but I'm not responding. There's no word coming out of my mouth.

They can see me on the screen.

They probably know me.

This is too embarrassing

"Jihyo-ssi?"

"A-ah sorry."

"Do you need some time?" The chairman suddenly asked that made me startled.

"I-I... I'll be back," I said as my feet walk back.

Before I could know, my feet brought me into the comfort room.
I leaned on the sink as I look at my reflection.

"Come on Jihyo! You need to get the scholarship!" I huffed

The door opened that made me look back and saw Y/N.

"Unnie, are you ok? I saw you in the-"

"I'm fine."

"D-do you need help?" She asked as she went in.

I frowned and face her.

"Help? What help could you give? We are just in the same situation. I need that scholarship grant." I said

"Y-you can do it."

I just sighed and looked at the mirror.

"No one has to know that I took an audition again. And no one has to know that I took a scholarship grant." I said sounding informing her.

I looked at her through her reflection in the mirror as she didn't respond which she noticed. She snapped and nodded.

"Y-you don't need to worry. I-I won't tell."

"Good, that could be a help," I said and about to walk back but she stopped me.

"Sing with your heart... with your dream, I'll see you later on the duo match." She said without looking at me.

I just look at her and decided to walk back again.

Sing with your heart, tss.

"Sorry for waiting. I'll start now." I said and get the mic.

You need to get the scholarship, brush off your thoughts Jihyo!

I sighed deeply and nodded to gave a signal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As I finished my song I looked at the teachers and they just smiling and nodding.

"Thank you Park Jihyo." The admin said and nodded.

After that, I left the room to wait for the result. The others are having their own time while I'm just here in the corner.

I just don't want them to know me, I mean they shouldn't. No one has to know that I did an audition again.

"Unnie!"

I looked up and saw Y/N approaching me.

"I wish we can pass the audition." She said with a smile.

I looked behind her and saw her friend.

"You guys are done already?" I asked.

"Yep, Jimin too." She said.

Jimin smiled and waved his hand.

"Hi, I'm Park Jimin, nice to meet you!" He said and reached his hand.

"Your friend?" I asked.

"Oh yeah, I met him just a while ago."

Friend? Just met a while ago? Really Y/N?

"Are you taking a scholarship program too?" I asked him but he shook his head.

"Nope."

"Oh."

While waiting, I noticed that Y/N and Jimin seem so close to each other. considering she just met him a while ago.

"Students! The results are out!"

We all gathered as we heard the teacher came in. She started to announce the students who passed the audition.

"Number 39!"

"Yes!"- Jimin exclaimed as his number was called.

"Omg! Congrats!"-Y/N.

"Number 54."

"Y/N you passed!"

"I'm so happy!!"

"Number 55!"

Yes!

"Unnie! We did it!"

We all cheered after the announcement of the passers. After that, all the students who applied to the scholarship program were called.

"Y/N, I'll wait on you outside!" Jimin said as we go into the other room.

"Are you really just friends?" I asked as we are now far from them.

"Yes, unnie."

"He's too close to you, you should care, especially you don't really know him," I said.

"He seems fine..but ok." She said and nods.

As we arrived at the room, we all gathered and the teacher went in also.

"Congratulations passers! So now we came to the second phase, all of you will be pair up and need to compete with each other. The admin is the one who'll choose who will get the program, if you didn't get it, sadly you can't get the program. tho, you can still study here."

The pairing started and I'm just calm. Meanwhile, Y/N is the opposite.

"Y/N."

"Hmm?" She hummed as she rubs her hand together in nervousness.

"I need to get the scholarship... I don't want to tell the squad that my father can't support me anymore. We lose everything and this is the only dream I have. Do you think I can get it?" I asked.

She smiled and she seems thinking deeply.

"I'm pretty sure Jihyo unnie." She said and smiled proudly.

"How about you? Why do you want to get the scholarship?"

She nods and speaks.

"You know that I'm not with my family right? I don't want to feel burden to Nayeon unnie and her father so I need to get this. This is my dream too after all." She said.

I just nod and looked at her seriously.

I think she's still young, if ever she can't get the audition now, she can have it next time. But in her case, she passed the main audition. All she has to think about is the tuition fee.

"Last pair, Number 54 and 55."

My ears flicked as I heard my number. I looked at Y/N and seems she didn't realize it yet until I reached my hand to her.

"May the deserving person win," I said.

Sorry Y/N, but I was born competitive.