Chapter 75

Third Person

Y/N remained on Nayeon's room as she's listening to the conversation downstairs. She doesn't want to intrude on their situation but knowing that it's something about her mom,

"Is she my grandmother?" Y/N asked to herself.

"Nayeon, you want to talk to her?" Her father asked.

Nayeon looked at her dad as tears are threatening to fall out for her eyes.

"Yeah." Nayeon said as she sighed deeply to gasped an air.

They sat on the couch, Nayeon sitting on the single chair while her parents are sitting beside each other.

"H-hi." Nayeon said and pulled up a smile.

It's a smile that full of sadness. No excitement but pure sorrow.

"You've grown so well." A female voice that Y/N heard. She assumed it is from the girl who's with her hal-abeoji when they arrived.

"Yes. Thank you. D-dad... can you leave us for a while?" Nayeon requested.

Y/N peeks to see the situation downstairs. She saw her grandfather left, leaving her mom and the woman in the living room.

"So, you came back." Nayeon said and chuckled as beads of tears fell out.

She immediately wiped it and still up with her shaking smile. Her palms are placed on her thighs as she's sitting straightly yet feeling uncomfortable with the situation.

"How are you?"

"Good, I'm good. Dad took care of me so well. I'm on a talent company now and happy with my friends..." Nayeon said without break.

"You?"

"I'm fine..."

"Wow, I-I'm glad." Nayeon said as she let out a chuckle.

"Nayeon, please... stop it."

"Stop? Stop what?" Nayeon asked innocently.

"Stop being so fine with these. I know you got your fume inside."

Nayeon's tightened her grips on the hem of her shirt. She let out a sigh and nodded.

"I'm sorry for leaving you... you and your father."

By that, Y/N confirmed it. The girl that her mom is talking to is her grandmother.

"Sorry... yeah, you left us." Nayeon said but this time, she was gripping on her pants as she hold her tears.

"Your father, she was holding the case of my... my partner."

Nayeon snapped and look at her mom confusedly.

"Partner?"

"Taekyung is the in charge in the case of my partner. It's all of sudden. I didn't expect to meet your father ag-"

"What do you mean partner?" Nayeon asked.

"I..."

"You met someone new?"

Her mother didn't reply right away. She looks at her fidgeting fingers and nod her head.

"You left us for someone new. And now... you showed up?"

"You don't understand Nayeon."

"Okay, I'll listen. Make me, mom." Nayeon said as she feels like she's eating her whole pride out of it.

Meanwhile, her mother can't believe what she heard. She didn't expect her daughter to be as calm as that.

"Taekyung... Taekyung is your father, and when we had you... I wasn't ready for it. I left and live abroad. Leaving you with your father. I know that he can take care of you more than I could. 5 years after I left you, I found a partner... I-It's not a ordinary set but... we live happily that I forgot that I have family that I left."