Chapter 98

Jihyo's PoV

December 17, 2040

"Still no Y/N?" Momo asked.

I am in my office after I finished my class on the other section. It's already 5 days after that showcase. I know it's really stupid that I let Y/N perform. There could be some other time.

"Yeah, and I am still thinking if I should submit this withdrawal papers that Jeongyeon gave yesterday." I said as I looked at the stapled papers that I got.

"I can't still understand why Jeongyeon doesn't want us to see Y/N. It's technically Nayeon's child. We are her friends." I ranted.

"Dahyun asked me also about this. I told him that Jeongyeon's child just enrolled and faked the whole thing. He even sided Jeongyeon."

"Boys are boys, what do you expect?" I sighed.

"What my point is, Jeongyeon is restricting his daughter to live on what he wants."

"Do you think it has something to do about the trad-"

"Cut it Momo. That tragedy has nothing to do on it. So what if their company messed up? That happens to anyone. Company sabotage are part of this journey and we can't do anything about it." I said.

"Jihyo... are you hearing yourself?"

"What?"

"It's not just a tragedy.You know... I get why Jeongyeon doesn't want her daughter to be in this kind of field. Of all the sabotages? I can't forget the time that their company denies that Nayeon was there on that ship. For what? I still don't get it."

"Momo, I know. I don't know too. But what I am saying is that not all of companies are like that."

"Entertainment companies have their own way of initiating their sabotages. That's why I quit on that industry and became a teacher." Momo sighed.

I still can remember it so clear. 20 years ago is such a mess on us. We thought being scouted by different companies is the last thing we have to deal. But that just the start.

When I got to the company who scouted me... along Momo, Mina and Dahyun. We were tested. Over worked and more. Luckily Momo and I ended up here and we use our experience by teaching. Momo's husband, Dahyun, he had a good career too. But he set those all aside after the toxic relationship of his fans and him. He doesn't want how some overreacting fans invaded his privacy and even his family. Mina is a lucky one.

Of all in the squad, Sana, Tzuyu and Chaeyoung had a good and still on going career. But who knows what mistreated they got. Even if Sana's father is the founder of that company, I am sure they also encounter those things...

And of all, Jeongyeon and Nayeon's fate. It was a mess. 20 years ago, Nayeon and her group went to a cruise to attend an international interview. And they also had an invitation there as far as I know. Nayeon's fate is great at the beginning. But the tragedy on that ship sunken just like her fate too.

I was just thankful that Jeongyeon was there. They stayed together and had a child, which is Y/N. But that also took Nayeon's life...

"Jihyo-ah." I snapped as Momo called me.

"Sorry, for bringing it back. I didn't mean to." Momo said. And then I realized that I am crying. Maybe that's why.

I wiped my tears and sighed.

"It's okay. Let's just forget it."

"Yeah. It's still unclear... but I know that Jeongyeon is the one who knows it all. I am just sad that he can't trust us with that."

"Yeah..."

Third Person

Jeongyeon arrived at the hospital where she got the call. He immediately look for the room of Y/N and saw a doctor inside her room.

"Excuse me? May I know who-"

"I'm his father. Yoo Jeongyeon." Jeongyeon said pantingly.

"Oh, Mr. Yoo. Your daughter is stable now."

"What happened to her?" Jeongyeon asked as she looked at Y/N who is on the bed and sleeping.

"She was admitted her at 6 in the morning. According to the report, she experienced moderate hypothermia. Good news that she immediately rushed in here." As the doctor said.

"What?"

"A woman saw her sleeping at the park around 6. Your daughter is unconscious and freezing considering that she's not even wearing any winter clothes."

As the doctor leaves, Jeongyeon sat on the chair next to Y/N's bed and caress the younger's forehead and kissed it.

"I'm sorry."

Jeongyeon sighed and held Y/N's hand tightly. He can sense the warm on Y/N's hand. And at this point, Jeongyeon broke down.

"I'm sorry for not being a good father. I should have take care of you well. I promised to your mom."

Jeongyeon looked at Y/N and can't help but to feel broken as he sees her lover's face on Y/N.

Meanwhile, Y/N who is still unconscious feels awake on her dream. She wandered her eyes and no time fairy around. All just white. She can even hear her father's voice.

Y/N started to groan which her dad noticed. Jeongyeon called the doctor back and tried to wake Y/N as he could.

"Y/N? Y/N wake up. Dad is here." Jeongyeon said as he gently tap Y/N to get back in consciousness. Y/N gasped an air as if she doesn't have it for long. Her grasp on her father's arm is tight that you can't untie them.

Y/N's eyes looked for her father who is just beside her. She was so surprised to see her father. Her father in the present time. She didn't burst any words but tears.

Y/N hugged Jeongyeon as tight as she could while Jeongyeon is being thankful that Y/N is already awake.

"D-dad." Y/N stuttered as she cries unstoppable.

"Shhh, yes. Dad is here, I'm sorry, I'm sorry." Jeongyeon speaks repeatedly.

"I'm scared, dad." Y/N said.

"It's okay dear. I'm here."

For the first time, Y/N felt her father's love and concern. She cried more even that she feels her face getting numb.

"Stop crying. Dad won't leave you, okay. Shhh." Jeongyeon hushed. As he comforted Y/N. He keeps on rubbing Y/N's back and patting her head whatever he thinks will comfort Y/N.

"I'm sorry, I'm really sorry."