/Chapter 22/

Your PoV

As we arrived at the house, hal-abeoji said that he needs to go to the grocery store to buy some ingredients.

"Are you sure you don't want us to come?" Mom asked hal-abeoji.

"Don't worry kid, I can handle this. Y/N, look after your Nayeon unnie." Hal-abeoji said that made me laugh.

"Aye aye!"

"I'll go girls!"

As we can't see the car of hal-abeoji, we walked in. Mom is just in silence so I initiated first.

"Unnie... I didn't want what happened a while ago, I really don't ex-"

"Y/N, don't worry. I already talked to Jihyo."

"Is she mad?" I asked.

"Yeah, of course. But she'll be good soon. I still don't know why she needs to hide that she was kicked out of the school after the vacation." She said.

"What now? She didn't get the program and I feel bad about that." I said.

"She's our friend, I'll tell it to the squad so we could help her."

"But she said not to tell it to the others... I mean, unnie... She thinks you'll degrade her if that happens." I said.

"Y/N, Jihyo and I, we've been friends since then. We already embraced our imperfections and flaws. That's what real friends are." She said that made me smile.

"I'll help too," I said.

"Ok, but for now, let's give her time. I already talk to her and I know she's mature enough to understand it."

"I know too unnie. I know too."

"Now, about that Jimin guy, what is he?" She asked which made me frowned.

"Jimin Oppa? I met him a while ago, at the audition. He's a kind and great dancer like Momo seons- I mean Momo unnie." I said.

"You've seen Momo dancing? When?"

"A-ah, Chaeyoung Oppa said. Yeah, that's it." I said.

"Oh, ok. At least you already got a new friend again."

"Yeah."

"Congrats again, I didn't hear your performance but I know you did great." She said.

I smiled ear to ear as I heard what she said. I just want to cry but of course, I hold back.

"Your parents will be proud of you." She said with a smile.

"My mom will, but I don't know about my dad. He opposed to this in the first place." I said as I smiled bitterly.

"There's nothing permanent Y/N, everything will change. Who knows, your father will?" She said.

"Yeah, I hope too."

After an hour, hal-abeoji arrives. We helped him to cook so we are all in the kitchen.

I suddenly smile because of the thought, In 20 years, I never know what is family bonding. I just felt that I found it here.

"Girls, can I take a picture of you?" Hal-abeoji said that made us stop.

"You look like siblings, I just want to treasure this."

"Sure, use my phone dad."

After we took photos, we started to prepare the food and eat together.

"So You'll be going together at school," Hal-abeoji said.

"Don't worry hal-abeoji, I'll look after Nayeon unnie," I said.

"Yah! I'm old enough now!" She whined like a kid.

Omg, my mom is like this?

"Anyway, Y/N, congratulations," Hal-abeoji said and gave me a box.

"hal-abeoji... what is this?" I asked surprisingly.

"Just a small gift, for you." He said and smiled.

I opened it and saw a phone inside. I looked at him shockingly and can't even formulate a sentence.

"Wow, Y/N save my number."  Mom said.

"H-hal-abeoji... This is too much." I said.

"Take it, I got it at a cheap price but the phone looks nice. Since you'll be looking after Nayeon, you need to tell me everything that is happening to you and Nayeon." He said.

"Aish, I don't know if I should be happy that you gave Y/N a phone or not since she needs to monitor me." Mom said

"Hal-abeoji," I uttered as I'm about to cry.

"Also, since the school year is not yet starting, can I count the both of you?" Hal-abeoji said.

Mom and I looked at each other and shrugged.

"You know the ramen house at the next street right?"

"The one that Uncle's managing?" Mom asked.

"Yes, I want you to help him. It will help you both to have good connections and also to gain money." Hal-abeoji said.

"Hal-abeoji... I'm fine with it, I want to give back all your help to me." I said.

"Sure, that would be nice." Mom said.

After we finished eating, I told them that I'll wash our plates.

While in the kitchen, Mom came in.

"Don't you want to sleep already unnie?" I asked.

"I will, uhm. About Jihyo, I'm sorry for her. She didn't mean to say that."

"I understand her... she just want to continue what she wants to do."

"But it's wrong, it's wrong that she vented all the anger in you. I don't really know what happened. But I think you know." She said and looked at me.

I just sighed and sat at the counter after I washed the dishes, Mom also did the same.

I told her all Jihyo unnie told me, on why she wants to get the scholarship.

"So that's it," I said.

"I see, sorry again. I'll talk to her again." She said.

"You'll sleep now, I know it's a long day for you." She said and ruffled my hair as she left.

So this is? This is the feeling of a mother protecting you.

I smiled in my thought and walk back to my room. I get the phone that hal-abeoji gave to me and I remember that I saved Jimin oppa's number.

Seriously, I really forgot that I don't have anything when I woke up, just the ID that I can't even use.

'Jimin Oppa' and saved.

I put down my phone and lay down.

"I don't know how long I will stay here, but please, make it longer." I wished