Chapter 70

Nayeon's PoV

I was sleeping when I heard a sound of car outside. I was confused since as far as I know dad already left earlier this morning-

"Nayeon!"

As soon as I heard my name, I bolted out of my bed.

"Oh my gosh!"

I tied my hair and rush downstairs to open the door. We looked at each other for a minute as if we are surprised.

"Uhm...You didn't forgot that I'm coming, did you?" Jeongyeon asked.

"I-..."

Oh my gosh, did I!?

"I knew it, good morning. Did I interrupt your beauty sleep or something?" He chuckles.

"No, it's okay. Come in."

"Y/N is still sleeping?" He asked as he sat on the couch.

"Yeah... probably." I said

I looked at Y/N's room and it's close so probably she's still sleeping.

"Can you wait? I just need to prepare."

"Yeah sure, I'll wait." He said.

"Y-yeah... uhm, I'll wake Y/N fo-" I was cut as Y/N went out of her room.

"Unnie do y- woah... good morning...oppa?"

"What are you doing here?" Y/N asked.

I guess she forgot about it too.

"You two should stop hanging around. How can you forget? You literally said this is a good idea." Jeongyeon said.

Y/N stops as she thinks and nodded.

"Yeah right, I remember it."

"And how can we stop hanging together? We literally live in one house." Y/N said which made Jeongyeon laugh.

"Right, HAHAHA!"

I smiled and shook me head because of the two.

"Y/N, go take a shower first. I'll be preparing something for our breakfast." I said.

"No need ladies, I bought these on the way. Because my man instinct says that probably these two lads forgot that I'll be coming and they were still sleeping." Jeongyeon said.

"Uhuh?" I uttered.

"What? Men instinct sometimes goes right too?" He said and shrugged.

"Or maybe... this is your way to get in unnie's heart. I mean, that's my instinct says." Y/N says.

"But I knew that woman instincts are the superior one." Jeongyeon said as he gave up which made us laugh.

"Oh my gosh, I want to witness more happenings as I missed too much last time... but I'm afraid that we'll be missing our training." Y/N said and walked in the comfort room.

I laugh and shook my head.

"About Y/N's so called father." Jeongyeon spoke up which made me look at him.

"Hmm?"

"He's telling the truth. I asked some neighbors and they said that he have two children... his wife died few weeks ago... according to the landlord and she confirmed that the past weeks, Mr. Seo is having a trouble in paying the rent not until the other day... he paid it for the rest of the months." Jeongyeon said.

"You mean he's not lying?"

"Yeah... probably, someone really paid him to pretend as Y/N's father."

"But why?"

"I don't know."

I sighed in frustration as I think it doesn't make sense at all. I mean why bother to pay a person to show up in the police station and act like they are looking for their daughter but then disappears the day they were about to meet? That is some kind of bullshit for giving false hope to a person.

"Don't stress yourself too much. Y/N isn't bother at all. Can't you see?" Jeongyeon said.

"Y/N trust you. She will tell you if she's affected with it."

I smiled and nodded.

"Right... maybe I'm just overthinking everything. You know, Y/N is like a family to me."

"I know."

"Thank you anyway. I didn't know you made an effort about that." I said and smiled.

"Well, let's say that Y/N is like a family to me too." He said as we both chuckled.

"Oh really? Or maybe that is your way to get in my heart?"

He stops as I said that which made me do the same. Then, I realized what I just said.

Oh shit?

"H-huh?"

"Huh? Huh what? Did I say something? Nothing, I said nothing."

"Yeah... of course. Uhm, I think I should try this." Jeongyeon said as he gets a slice of bread that he brought.

Why it feels so awkward when it comes from me?!

Suddenly, the awkwardness was cut as a ringtone echoed. Jeongyeon pulled his phone.

"Hello? Oh Mina.Yes? Event? Oh that's sounds fun! But I have a practice, maybe after it. Sure, yes." Jeongyeon said.

"Sorry, it's Mina..." Jeongyeon said as he ended the call.

"It's okay. So you are having a schedule after? Event? What event?" I asked curiously.

"Ah there's a gaming event. Mina and I will be joining."

Oh.

"I thought she's busy with Chaeyoung?"

"Chaeyoung is still recovering. Besides he's not into gaming events."

~~~~~
"Oppa!"

We are now in the studio for few hours with the other trainees and doing some practice but Y/N is being so hyper which is unusual with her situation.

Maybe Jeongyeon was right, Y/N is not bother with it.

"I told you this is a best song to cover. You'll sound like a handsome man here." Y/N said.

"Really? Ohh, you think she will like it?"

"Pretty sure."

I frowned as their voice becomes so inaudible.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be nosy but these two, especially Y/N? Really? Since when she learned to hide things from me?

"Or maybe they weren't. I'm just overthinking it again." I mumbled and sighed to calm myself.

"Great, now I am talking to myself."

"Unnie!" I snapped as Y/N called me.

"Yes?"

"Let's practice again, let's do vocals." Y/N said.

"Oh lads, I need to go." Jeongyeon said.

"Oh? You're going home?" Y/N asked.

Uh no dear, he's on a date.

"Uh, no. I need to go somewhere. Have fun, do some bond alright?"

"Okay, take care oppa!"

After that Jeongyeon left as Y/N and I decided to interact with the other trainees.