Chapter 94

Third Person

Nothing is running on Y/N's mind but fear. She wants to leave that place as she's afraid what might happen next. What is exactly happing will lead to what she's overthinking.

It's not just Y/N who's feeling nervous on that place. Actually, almost of the students who are in the hall is feeling the same. Because it's a showcase and there are talents that may or may not scout them. Although the girls are out of it, but they still wished since it's an opportunity for them.

Nayeon noticed the uneasiness of the younger. When she held Y/N's hand. It's cold and Y/N even startled of it.

"Are you okay?" Nayeon asked.

Y/N can't answer. She just gulped the lump on her throat and smiled. Those are rarest smile she could ever give. And Nayeon somehow knows it.

"Yah, don't tell me you are nervous. You have nothing to prove. We are just enjoying this." Nayeon said as she delived it playfully.

Y/N smiled and look at the crowd. It's truly not because of any stage fright or nervousness to perform but the fact that she may know what will happen next. And she doesn't want it.

"It's okay, unnie is here for you. We'll sing it together. And you know, this song means a lot for me. We better not mess it even we are just performing for fun, shall we?" Nayeon asked as she smiled to the younger.

Y/N felt empowered to her mom's word. But still her worry is still there.

"I know." Y/N said.

"Great, let's do better, Y/N-ssi."

While waiting for their turn, since they are performing after the official participants. Y/N just observe the whole surroundings. She didn't even give attention to those performers. She's just, wandering her eyes around. Which made Nayeon to do something.

"Unnie?" Y/N asked confusedly as she snapped out. Nayeon is standing while holding Y/N's hand.

"I need to give you a word, come on." Nayeon said and excused them on the squad.

Y/N who is clueless since she's busy observing her surrounding as she is afraid that a time fairy would show, didn't notice that Nayeon was observing her too.

As they went out of the hall, Y/N waited for her mom to speak.

"What's wrong with you? Are you feeling well?" Nayeon asked.

"H-huh?"

"You've been out of yourself, Y/N. Tell me, is there something wrong?"

Y/N didn't speak. She just look down and shook her head after. She heard a sighed and a pat coming from her mom.

"It's okay. Whatever you are thinking, just forget it for now. Okay?"

"Unnie."

"Y/N, listen. We are here to enjoy, right? This is the only time I have." Nayeon said which made Y/N snapped.

She looked at her mom surprisingly and she is sure that that statement made her more unease on the situation. But then her mom laughs.

"I mean for now. I still have schedule. You surely too. So let's not worry about things that is not very important."

Nayeon smiled and hugged Y/N. For some reason, Y/N thinks that Nayeon knows something. But how? She didn't even tell anyone.

"It's fine, right? After this, whatever you're thinking will be clear... because you learned to enjoy." Nayeon said and pats Y/N's back.

"I'll never gonna leave you on stage. We'll going to perform together so no need to be worry." Nayeon assures.

After that, they went back to the hall and almost of the official performers are done. They just watch and feel the sound of the students' confidence and stage presence. After long while, the teacher called for the special performers which is the girls.