Ch 215: Even Talulah Can't Save You

A woman who shrugs off chilly winds as if they're nothing. Mephisto squints his eyes slightly and looks at his new guest.

He knew very well how powerful the woman code-named "Frostnova" is. She had only joined the Reunion movement for less than two years, but the speed of her promotion was like a rocket shooting off towards the sky.

It can be said that her promotion speed was record breaking.

Mephisto cannot think of a reason as to how this was possible because he had never seen anything like this before. Even if she wasn't doing anything, Frostnova was simply a walking force of nature.

But he is not afraid of her, or it's better to say that he is not afraid of anyone.

While under the gaze of her two cold eyes, he leans on his cane and walks two steps forward.

The cane pierces the frozen leaves, breaking them and creating a harsh, crisp sound.

"Looking at your expression." Mephisto smiled slightly, "Was I right?"

Frostnova studies Mephisto for a second, and then slowly opens her mouth to speak. "Who told you?" she said coldly.

As she spoke, the surrounding temperature seemed to go down a couple of degrees.

"It shouldn't be a secret? Or, it's not a secret you deliberately want to hide." Mephisto breathes a sigh, it's only autumn, yet it feels like he is in the middle of a cold winter.

"I know the past of a vast majority of people within the organization. Most people have similar stories. They were abandoned, feared, and hated. Of course, it is precisely because of that we gathered together."

Frostnova coldly says "What do you want to say?"

"What I want to say is that your story belongs to the more... interesting category in my opinion. " Mephisto smiles again and takes two steps towards Frostnova.

"Talulah once said that our organization members will never betray each other and will never fear death. Because we all embraced each other and comforted one another in our darkest times. When we sunk into a state of hopelessness after being betrayed by the ones we held dear, we clutched tightly onto that last glimmer of hope provided by our unity. But you, you're different, for you have already found that hope before entering the organization."

Mephisto paused to look at Frostnova.

"And that hope is your saviour."

Frostnova did not speak but she looked at Mephisto with an unreadable expression.

"Okay, okay, don't look at me with that expression." Mephisto shrugs, "We are comrades, aren't we?"

Frostnova says coldly, "You are not my 'comrade'. Never have and never will."

"Really? That's alright with me. Just have a bit of sentiment for me at the very least." Mephisto says "After all, I treat all members of the organization as partners."

The corners of Frostnova's mouth lifted slightly, but she didn't speak, as if she was mocking him.

Mephisto pretends that he did not see it "Actually, as a comrade, I need your help."

Frostnova glances at him and shakes her head: "I won't help you. Even if it's Talulah's orders."

After speaking, Frostnova was ready to pass by Mephisto but he chuckled and proposed an offer, "What if I say I would help you for a bit in return?"

Frostnova walks past Mephisto without turning her head, a series of frozen dead leaves crunches as she stomps on them.

Mephisto did not turn his head either. Instead, he looked ahead and said faintly: