Ch 253: Rust And Blood

Mephisto sees Lin Ye suddenly appear in the shadows. His eyes narrow.

"Who are you?" Mephisto slowly says.

Lin Ye didn't speak.

A cold wind blows through the alley, its origin unknown, blowing up Lin Ye's robe. Mephisto notices what is under Lin Ye's robe, and his pupils dilute.

A small body was under the robe, motionless. The figure staggers towards Mephisto, its movements awkward and mindless as if their bones had liquified.

This disturbed Mephisto.

In this dream, Mephisto was still a child, not his true self, so his judge of character is not as good as his future self, however even as a child, he knows that the person before him did not mean well.

Mephisto takes a step back subconsciously and his grip tightens around the machete in his hand.

"Oh? Not even going to say your name?" Mephisto deliberately says in a disdainful tone, "What a coward."

Standing in the shadows, Lin Ye looks at Mephisto from across the alley, he is hesitant whether to talk to him or not. Only B-rated movie ghosts talk too much, a middle ground has to be made, in order to keep up the aura of mystery.

Lin Ye has to know, why did Mephisto do this? Go into an alley at night, slaughter 2 kittens and reanimate them... and is about to kill someone. Lin Ye realises that his disguise was no match for the monster that is Mephisto.

Lin Ye shifts his disguise.

His figure morphs rapidly, cracking, breaking, flailing.

He turns into a monster.

A mirror image of Mephisto.

"Mephisto, I am here for you." Lin Ye speaks slowly in a low voice.

"Who are you?"

"It's not important."

"It doesn't matter? Well, maybe it doesn't matter to you." Mephisto sneered "Let me ask something important, You know my name, you knew where to find me, it's obvious that you've been following me for a while."

"You want something from me" Mephisto stated matter of factly.

Lin Ye is surprised by Mephisto's answer. What kind of kid maintains such calmness when facing a 'murderer' like him? This made him more and more curious about how Mephisto truly is in the real world.

But he is 80% sure that he would hate him.

Soon, Lin Ye says in a mysterious way: "You know what I want."

Mephisto is silent.

After a long time, he speaks slowly.

"What is it?"

"What do you think?" Lin Ye asks back.

"I don't have anything of value anymore. This knowledge is the most important thing I have." Mephisto says, "I can't give it to you for nothing."

"Why?" Lin Ye questioned.

In this way, under the circumstances, Mephisto actually wanted to use technology to gain the greatest benefit for himself. This made Lin Ye unavoidably convince himself that he hated him.

Of course, he would not show it and respond with silence again.

"Since you know me so well, then you must also know what my skill means." Mephisto says anxiously, "I haven't perfected it yet. I need more support. If you want the best of it, just give me a little sponsor, give me a little time. It will be perfected soon. "

"What do you want?" Lin Ye finally asks.

This also made Mephisto let out a sigh of relief. He feels he can talk normally again.

"I need a body." Mephisto said, "Human bodies. The more the better."

"You want to use humans for experiments?"

"Yes." It seems that he mentioned something he is good at, and Mephisto's words soon became natural. "I can already control pets like cats and dogs proficiently. Cats and dogs are more difficult to find now. So, I need more samples."

"I just heard that you were calling someone." Lin Ye says, "Who was it?"

"That's right." Mephisto nods, "She will be my first test subject. Anna, my neighbour's child."

"You are going to kill her."

"I want her to dedicate her life to science."

"You are going to kill her."

"Everyone will die, I'll just make her death more meaningful."

"Does she know that you are going to kill her?" Lin Ye is silent. He felt distressed because this dream was a childhood memory of Mephisto, it was a real thing that happened.

In the dream, Lin Ye stands in front of Mephisto, and in reality, in the past, in his place was an unknowing little girl, and because she trusted Mephisto, she lost her life. In Terra, this may be nothing, but for Lin Ye, who used to be in a world full of morals and legal constraints, there is nothing more unacceptable than this.

Lin Ye grabs the scissors under his robe. Mephisto did not notice the change in Lin Ye's mood, perhaps it was because Lin Ye was wearing a mask.

"I can see it, you like killing, right? That's fine, you can kill anyone, that Anna can also be handed over to you, as long as the body is given to me in the end, as long as..."

"I heard more than enough... Mephisto." Lin Ye interrupted him. "I didn't come for your disgusting technique."

Before he could finish his words, Lin Ye slams into him from the shadows.

The rusted scissor stabbed through his shoulder. The smell of iron and rust mix together.

Mephisto tries to defend himself but he is far weaker than Lin Ye. Red liquid covers both Lin Ye's hand and Mephisto's clothes. He tries to struggle but Lin Ye did not let him escape. He will make him feel helpless. Powerless.

Lin Ye grabbed Mephisto's neck and lifts him. Then he slams him to the wall behind him hard.

Bones break.

Blood drips.

Mephisto screams.

He finally sees Lin Ye's true face... A magical girl that Anna loves to watch at home. The usual beauty on its face seems to terrify him to his very core.

"Who are you?!" Mephisto shouts out, "What do you want to do?!"

"If you do something wrong, you will pay the price, Mephisto!" Lin Ye roars, "Remember tonight! Mephisto! You will always remember tonight! Remember all the things I will do to you tonight!"

"Who are you?!"

Lin Ye sneers "I am..."

He pulls out the scissors from Mephisto's shoulder and lifts it up high.

Mephisto keeps his eyes open. Watching the scissors above him.

Lin Ye bring it down.

There is a heart-piercing cry from the dark alley.

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

Draft by Jaq

Proofread by Weebly

Edit by Jaq