Ch 309: She Can Have My Heart

After listening to Lin Ye recounting what he had experienced, Liz seemed to contemplate what she had just heard. She continued to look at the steak in silence till it was cold and tough. For quite some time the silence lingered on.

Lin Ye coughed twice to break the silence, "That is to say fortunately I had your amulet. Otherwise, I would already be dead under the snow."

Liz finally stopped being silent, and said in a very low tone, "If I could, I would rather you never needed to use it in the first place."

Liz looked at Lin Ye, "Why do you always encounter these things? It was also the same when you went to Humen."

"That place is called Lungmen," Lin Ye corrected.

Liz frowned and said with a little displeasure in her tone "You are so annoying. You always care about these unimportant things."

You can't see the difference between a dragon and a tiger! Is this still an unimportant thing?!

Of course, he didn't say this out loud and kept it to himself.

He nodded helplessly, "Okay, then you can continue talking."

"What am I going to say?"

"How do I know what you are going to say."

"There is nothing left to say," Liz shook her head, "How many times do you plan to put yourself in danger? You are not a combat operator".

"I know I'm not a combat operator, and I don't want to encounter danger. It's danger coming to me," Lin Ye shook his head, "No, I can't say that, it should be said that it's an accident waiting to happen."

Suddenly Lin Ye felt a little conflicted.

I tried to use the amulet to try and alleviate the awkward atmosphere

That what he thought but it did the complete opposite.

"Actually, you don't need to worry too much. Although I am just a medical worker, I still have the ability to protect myself," He reassured her, "Think about it, Shining is also a medical worker."

"Shining-neesan can poke you to death with only her finger."

"Your words are too hurtful... Although I know what you're saying is the truth," Lin Ye sighed "Okay let's not talk about this, let's eat."

Liz shook her head and put down her knife and fork "I lost my appetite."

Lin Ye was put in a really difficult situation.

Lin Ye suddenly felt that he would get along a lot better if he were with the same Liz that he used to know. Of course, this idea only existed in his mind for less than a second before he dismissed it because he knew that the previous Liz was an unhealthy Liz. But now she should be a Liz, a Liz with her own thoughts, and the Liz he had tried desperately to save. And thinking about it carefully... the previous Liz was not so easy to deal with. She would make the same expression when she refused to take medicine...

All of this thinking made his head hurt.

In the past, she was stubborn to take medicine. Now she was being stubborn to even eat food. Seeing it from another angle, he thought she had grown up, but she was still that stubborn little girl. Lin Ye was wondering how to speak to the Liz in front of him, but Liz interrupted him before he could say anything confusing him further, and slowly said in a low tone

"I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry?" Lin Ye looked a little puzzled at her, "Why do you want to say sorry to me?"