Ch 284: Counterattack

How did she find me?

Despite being attacked, Faust appears calm on the surface. He is still perplexed. He has a very special ability that allows him to use high-quality camouflage to achieve a nearly perfect stealth effect. This concerned Faust as well. If he reacts slowly, he will most likely end up like the broken tree behind him.

Under the shining moonlight, the silver wolf holding a pair of swords is slowly walking towards him.

He squints his eyes and turns to face the other party. He is well aware of the other party's identity. He is aware that his opponent is from Rhode Island, known as Lappland, and that she is an extremely capable guard. A week ago, on the Holy Road, before the God of Karlan intervened, it was her who used her own power to kill several members of the Yeti squad.

Forcing them to use greater power to deal with her, which caused an avalanche, and that was stopped by the God of Karlan.

As a result, in his and Mephisto's book, Lappland may be considered the most powerful enemy, aside from Silverash, among the targets they must deal with. They may not be able to attack Silverash himself, but this Lappland is still a tremendous threat.

So, an hour ago, Faust did not hesitate to shoot ten arrows at Lappland in order to deal with her. It stands to reason that after the first two hits, there is no reason to waste more ammunition, but just to be safe, Faust made up the next eight rounds to ensure her death.

The woman, on the other hand, is still alive, and it only took her an hour to find him. This also demonstrates that his and Mephisto's judgement is correct. The opposing party is a terrifying and difficult adversary.

But how did she spot him in his camouflage? He still didn't have a solid answer in his heart, but he did notice that his opponent appeared to be a Lupo.

Could it be that?'

Faust dons his hood and enters his camouflage state. His body almost blended in with the surroundings before he quickly retreated and ran into the woods. After all, he's just a sniper, and his opponent is a skilled guard. If he gets too close to her, his advantage as a sniper will vanish, and he wants to test his theory right now.

The woods are simply a natural battlefield for him when he is in this state. He can hide in the dark as a death god thanks to his nearly perfect optical camouflage. Because this is a place where even moonlight cannot shine.

Come on, let me see how you found me?

Faust looks at Lappland who has caught up to him and slowly retreats into the darkness. At the same time, he lifted his crossbow at her.

However, he was unaware that another person had entered the house while he was entangled with Lappland.

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

"Ah!"

A surprised yelp filled the dining room.

Sussurro head is pushed down onto the table.

Mephisto smiles and claps his hands. He then tells her, "Thank you for your assistance, Rhodes Island medical staff. Tsk, I have to say that Rhode Island is excellent at training medical personnel. Nonetheless, their abilities are child's play compared to mine." He said proudly.

Sussurro is very afraid but she did not show it. Instead, she asks calmly, "You know us well. Who are you?"

"Hmm? Who am I? Good question. But I just told you"

Mephisto pinches Sussurro's ear and says "To be honest, you look like an old friend of mine, and she gladly agreed to be my first test subject in order to assist me with my research. A true test subjects. I still remember her, but there is no way for me to repay her. So, I'll give you the mercy of a quick death, quicker than your comrades at least"