Ch 293: I Will Not Insult You

SilverAsh sat across Lin Ye. With a calm expression, he slowly raises his hand and places a chess piece on the board. Lin Ye's expression was very nervous in comparison to his. He stared at the chess pieces on the chessboard, unsure where to begin.

"Take your time. Doctor Lin Ye." SilverAsh says calmly, "Don't be too impatient. My teacher once told me that the most taboo thing for a chess player is impatience. Be sure to maintain a calm heart and accept the game of chess. In order to get the most fun."

Lin Ye raises his head, looks at him, and sighs helplessly.

"Well..." Lin Ye made his move.

SilverAsh raises his eyebrows and looks at the chess piece that Lin Ye has moved. He sighed at his blunder, he should have given it more thought. After a brief moment of thought, he was convinced that he was already defeated and pushed his King piece down.

"Interesting. Very interesting, Doctor Lin Ye.", SilverAsh says slowly, "You are the first person to ever best me in chess, let alone eight times in a row."

Lin Ye smiles awkwardly at his compliment.

Lin Ye initially wanted to decline the patriarch's invitation to play chess with him. However, by playing chess with him, he may be able to gain a better understanding of him. His father used to say that you can tell a lot about a person by how they play chess. As a result, he accepted his offer. Of course, he had no expectation of winning.

After all, a person like SilverAsh must be very clever and know many strategies, given how well he cared for his family and business on his own.

Compared with people like Lin Ye who don't like to use their brains, he should be no match for Silverash.

However, after a round, Lin Ye realised that he and SilverAsh were not on the same level as their opponents. They've only been playing for half an hour, but they've already completed eight rounds. Lin Ye's complete victory was the result of the eight rounds, and he won by a landslide.

Lin Ye had no idea that he would be able to knock the president of Karlan Trade to the ground with his elementary school chess skills. When Lin Ye realised this, he became even more hesitant to play with SilverAsh. After all, winning two rounds should be enjoyable, but he had won eight games in a row and was still Silverash's opponent. He no longer felt a sense of accomplishment as a result of his victories.

Lin Ye was worried about beating him so many times, so starting with the fifth game, Lin Ye tried everything he could to make SilverAsh win, even sending his King to the top of the board, but SilverAsh still looked at it as if he made a great move and tried to counter that move. He blew his chance to win. So, even if Lin Ye worked his brains out, he couldn't beat him in any round.

Has SilverAsh ever played against people before? Was his lack of chess skills due to the fact that no one would dare face him?

At this moment, Lin Ye is really afraid that SilverAsh would be angry. It would be far too simple. He only needs to swing, swing, swing, and he'll be dead. He is aware of Silverash's combat prowess. He has killed over a dozen soldiers on his own.

Despite his poor chess skills, SilverAsh did not appear to be bothered by each loss. Even if he had lost eight games in a row, his mood remained unaffected. On the contrary, he took the initiative to play more chess and challenged Lin Ye for the ninth time. Lin Ye really wanted to beg SilverAsh to stop playing at this point because he couldn't stand it any longer. The thought of coming to Kjerag, eating, and living here, on the other hand, was all of this man's help.

The least that he can do is keep on playing chess with him some more. Therefore, Lin Ye can only sigh helplessly at how stubborn Silverash is right now. This reminds him of how all of the SilverAsh siblings are, a bunch of stubborn cats. He chuckles to himself at the thought.