Ch 256: You Can Give Up

Lin Ye hated it when people forced him to guess.

Why should people have to speculate about something that can be clearly described in a few words? Lin Ye despised solving puzzles and mysteries.

Look, I'd like to make a guess. But... wouldn't it be a lot easier for both of us if you, I don't know, just tell me?" He couldn't say it out loud, of course.

Since Messiah is Karlan's God, it would be absurd to offend her.

He did not want to challenge her, though he is also afraid of the answer, he hazarded a guess "You didn't see it?"

"Hm... Nope!" Messiah said.

Lin Ye lets out a sigh of relief.

"Scissors huh? Not what I would've expected but it turned out rather well" Messiah said with a smirk.

Lin Ye's breath hitched and he paused, glancing at Messiah as she cheerfully sips on her tea.

"You knew"

Messiah's smug face confirmed his suspicions.

Even if Mephisto is a depraved killer, he has no right to do what he has done to him. He isn't any different than he is. It isn't right. It could be argued that he was only trying to teach Mephisto a lesson, but he didn't realise the magnitude of what he had done and turned into a crazed killer as well. True, in comparison to what Mephisto had done, it seems trivial. But he still thinks...

"Isn't this justice? You saw how twisted he was." Messiah asked curiously.

Lin Ye turns his head and looks at her.

"I'm sure none of his victims would show him any pity"

Messiah got up and walks to the maple tree. Then raises her hand and a maple leaf slowly falls to her.

"He murders, he manipulates, he deceives, yet you show no real hatred" Messiah smiles.

"Even when you're being hunted by him, you still showed remorse"

She gently holds out the leaf in her hand and turns her head to look at Lin Ye

Lin Ye remained speechless.

Messiah smiles: "Yes. That is who you are."

She then comes to a halt and casts a look behind him. "You are welcome to come down. That house is very old. If you break it, I'm not sure where I'll find anyone to fix it." Messiah said teasingly.

Is there someone on the roof?

Lin Ye froze for a moment before turning around and seeing a white figure leap from the roof and land in the hall.

"Lappland?" Lin Ye recognises is taken aback. "Why are you here?"

Was Lappland on the roof for the past 2 days?

"I was sleeping," Lappland says confidently as she stands up straight and rubs her hands.

"Sleeping? Really?"

"Yep!"

"Why are you sleeping on the roof!?"

"Huh? Why not?" Lappland asks while stretching her arms.

In comparison to the startled Lin Ye, Messiah's face hasn't changed in any way, and she seems to have amused her.

She looks at Lappland with her interested expression, and when Lappland finished speaking, she says leisurely, "A Lupo? Here? Interesting. I haven't seen one for many years." Messiah's words also attracted the attention of Lappland and Lin Ye.

Lappland looks at the Messiah with suspicious eyes. "So, you heard of Lupos?"

"Yes," Messiah nods.

Lappland senses something is wrong after she says that and draws her sword, aiming it at the Messiah.

Lin Ye was shocked by Lappland's sudden movement. Did she just draw her sword against the god of Karlan?

If Pramanix was present, he has no idea how she would react.

She would probably batter Lappland with her bell.

"Lappland! What do you think you are doing?!" Lin Ye shouts, "Put down your sword!"

Lappland ignores Lin Ye because she is preoccupied with Messiah. She has no idea why. Messiah didn't appear to be armed, nor did she didn't appear to be particularly strong. She did, however, get the feeling that Messiah is dangerous, and she had no idea where the danger was coming from.

Of course, the biggest reason she didn't realise is that she didn't see Messiah that night. She would probably have no doubts if she saw Messiah stopping natural disasters.

Messiah's smile didn't disappear even while Lappland was aiming a sword at her.

"Hoh? Why the hostility? I only mentioned your kind-"

"Shut up! Who are you?!"

"Are you crazy?!" Lin Ye shouted.

"Do I look crazy to you!?"

"Yes! Yes, you are! What the hell are you doing!?" Lin Ye is deeply regretting his decision to bring Lappland here. She didn't appear to be much of a problem while they were at Rhodes Islands, but after venturing out, Lappland became increasingly more difficult to rein in.

It's just his luck that the strongest member of his team has to be the uncooperative one.

"Fight me! Right now!" Lappland

"Hm~? Alright." Messiah answers with a nod

"What? Why? Why are you agreeing to this?" Lin Ye sputtered

"Why not? It would be interesting." Messiah says excitedly, "I haven't fought in so long, I don't have much experience in it"

Lappland smirks, "You're begging for me to go easy?"

"That's not what I was saying, I don't know how to rein in my power, I rarely interact with people so- please learn to forgive me if I accidentally maim you." Messiah teasingly said.

There is complete silence after that.

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

Draft by Jaq

Proofread by Weebly

Edit by Jaq