Ch 283: Last Day

Irene was placed on the ground by a caster dressed in a white robe. They are less than two hundred metres away from the Silverash's residence.

Mephisto pulls his cane and walks around a bit.

"This will be easier than I thought," Mephisto said with a slight smile, "if Encodias was here, there might have been some trouble. But our opponents are only two young ladies. You can kill them with your eyes closed"

He had intended to tell a lighter joke, but the people next to him did not laugh. They all wore masks and stood silently, like trees, in the shadows. Mephisto is a little bored as a result of this. Even though he is aware that this is also the reason why these people can be chosen as elite by Frostnova.

It's no surprise she warned him that if the Yeti Squadron was used as a pawn, Frostnova would never spare him.

However, he believes he did not use them as such. They simply had bad luck and met a god. Can anyone blame him for his poor command?

He clicks on his microphone with his finger and asks, "Faust, how is the situation?"

Soon, Faust's voice can be heard through the headset "As you might expect, our previous actions were conducted in complete secrecy. Nobody has been discovered. The same can be said for the people who live in that house; as far as I can tell, they haven't noticed anything."

"How many people are there in the vicinity of the two little princesses?"

"Most likely ten or more. There is one defender with them who is holding a black shield. "He was the one we met on the holy road," Faust says, "and he should be the strongest of them, as he appears to have a very strong high resistance to our spells."

"It is not surprising that people who grew up in the Arctic Territory of Karlan have a certain resistance to the attacks of the Yeti Squadron," Mephisto says faintly. We'll just have to live with it."

"I know... Hold on."

"What's the matter?" Mephisto inquires.

"The two little princesses of Silverash appear to be leaving."

"Leaving?" Mephisto asks, his brow furrowed, "Did they notice us?"

"They don't appear to be. One of them is holding flowers in their hand "

"And there is only one person with them, the one with the Black Shield," Faust reports.

"Holding flowers in her hands?" Smile, Mephisto "It's intriguing. I've heard of the Kjerag people's custom. They must worship their ancestors before or after leaving their hometown. The Silverash family appears to be no exception to this rule. I'm just surprised they're still doing it at this point."

"Then we still have to act according to the original plan?"

"The original plan? Obviously not," Mephisto casts a glance down at Irene at his feet. Irene's body is already covered in frost curses. A pounding and restless force seemed to be constantly surging in her body.

"This girl will blow up before she even has a chance to kill them both. We are unable to stick to the original plan. But that is no longer the case. The two little princesses appear to provide us with more options."

"I will follow your arrangements," Faust says quietly after a brief silence.

"Don't worry, my plan is absolutely brilliant," Mephisto murmurs faintly, "It's just that I intend to change our goal. We only need one of those two little princesses. Enciodas' heart is far from the ruthless facade he displays on the surface. When he finds out that one of his baby sisters is dead and the other is safe in our hands, he will obey any command we give him."