Ch 305: Special Enough

Lin Ye was not surprised by Blue Poison's words, despite his disappointment. He can only say he was expecting it.

"Doctor Lin Ye?" Blue Poison asks, raising a brow.

"Are you not afraid of her, Miss Skadi?" she inquires.

"What's the deal? What's the point of being afraid of her?"

"Because Miss Skadi... is not a good person, at least not in the eyes of the average person." Blue Poison then asked him, "Everyone on the island is afraid of her, right?"

"There are some, but she is only bothered by rumours. It's the same for you too", and Lin Ye stated, "It's stupid, in my opinion, to despise someone based solely on rumours. You are not a threat nor dangerous. You are simply special and exceptional."

Blue Poison's face turns a little red when Lin Ye mentions this, and she then says, "You really are a very different person."

Then she gathers her thoughts and asks him, "So, what are you going to do next? Will you go to Miss Skadi's aid? If the opponent is an enemy that even Miss Skadi cannot handle, you will most likely die if you go."

Lin Ye sighs, ".... Of course, I know that."

Although Kal'tsit has not stated explicitly, it is clear from the fact that she summoned Blue Poison back that she did not intend to abandon Skadi.

Although his current strength is very different from when he first arrived on Rhodes Island a few months ago. It is far from sufficient to compare him to a combat operator. For example, his Swordmaster, Yato, who has eight years of combat experience, could not be defeated by him. Even if he uses Wave Leaping Strike and Maple, he will never be able to defeat her in a serious fight. Furthermore, he will be confronted with a monster from the deep sea this time, rather than an ordinary foe.

Even Messiah is worried about that location. She warned him not to do anything like that before he left Karlan.

No, he has not yet encountered this mysterious power because he has never discovered it, except for Skadi, who has a relationship with it. As a result, he has the option of listening to Messiah's words and staying away from those terrible forces.

Lin Ye silently turns her head and looks at the tape recorder.

Does he really want to do this?

Blue poison asked herself.

"Actually, you don't have to worry too much, Doctor Lin Ye," Blue Poison says quietly, "Miss Skadi is not easily defeated. And in this situation, Doctor Kal'tsit would never do anything. I didn't realize it before, but now I do. She probably remembered me because she wanted me to see Miss Skadi. Of course, I will not be the only one to leave."

Lin Ye raises his head and asks, "Who else then?"

"I'm not sure about that," Blue Poison says, smiling, "But I see you're concerned about Miss Skadi's whereabouts."

Lin Ye murmurs, "...Skadi?"

"True. It's scribbled all over your face."

"Perhaps," Lin Ye lets out a sigh "After all, she is both my assistant and a friend. Anyone should be concerned about a friend."

"...I understand, but I'd like to warn you not to be overly concerned. Miss Skadi will undoubtedly be discovered," and Blue Poison gets up from the sofa after looking at the wall clock.

"It's late now, Doctor Lin Ye; you should rest as well. If Miss Kal'tsit is serious about organizing staff to find Miss Skadi, I should be able to get the news in the next two days. Then I will inform you that "Lin Ye gratefully nods and smiles at her. "I understand and thank you."

"You're very welcome."

"By the way, if you really want to form a search and rescue team, what do you think will be required to join it based on your experience?"

Blue Poison comes to a halt, but she does not turn around. "You still asked this question after all," she says without turning her back.

"What do you think?"

"You want to go, don't you?" Blue Poison asks, slowly turning her head and staring at Lin Ye with those jewel-like eyes.

"Of course," Lin Ye responds unequivocally.

"I suggest you abandon this idea," Blue Poison advises, "It's best not to even consider it."

"... Because it's too risky?" he speculates.

"True. And it's different from the dangers you've already faced," Blue Poison says solemnly, "Those monsters have powers you've never seen before, a power that you can't comprehend." Facing that kind of power is bad. Only special people are capable of combating them."

Blue Poison then walked away.

She said it very tactfully, Lin Ye and understood. Those who are selected and those who are not are just good. Simply put, such things can only be handled by professionals. Non-professionals, no matter how powerful they are, will be useless. And like Lin Ye, who is neither powerful nor professional, it is better to be a "good guy" and wait for the news at the back.

Lin Ye was deeply hurt by this. It's especially painful for him because he knows Blue Poison is correct.

He clenches his fists, but it is futile. He is still ineffective, too frail.

He stands by the window late at night, looking out at Rhodes Island. Lin Ye's chest feels a little tight.

So, what should I do? Lin Ye is perplexed.

As Blue Poison suggested, he knew that he should hand it over to professionals and wait for the news in the back.

Should I be reasonable?

He has no idea. But then he had a flash of inspiration. He then pulls a white amulet from his pocket. He spent a long time staring at the amulet. Skadi's voice is audible in his ears.

"You appear to be in a lot of pain; do you need me to lend you a shoulder to lean on?"

Lin Ye smiles slowly. He lifts his head to gaze at the moon. "I'm such an idiot," he says softly.

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

The next morning, he didn't sleep all night, and his eyes are now bloodshot. He goes to find Kal'tsit in her office immediately when working hours started.

Lin Ye slammed open Kal'tsit's office door. This made the owner of the office, who was enjoying a cup of coffee behind her desk, to be quite surprised.

"Dr. Lin Ye? What are you-?"

Lin Ye did not give her time to talk and rush to her.

"If you want to send someone to find Skadi, please bring me," Lin Ye stabs Maple in front of Kal'tsit's desk

"Because I am a man chosen by God. Is that special enough?"

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

Draft by Jaq

Proofread by Weebly

Edit by Jaq