Ch 291: Far From The Deep Sea

He doesn't know if it's an illusion, but Lin Ye feels that whenever Messiah opens her mouth to speak, he would always become speechless at whatever she says.

This feeling reminded him of when he first went to college. They had organized a debate for freshmen and Lin Ye who had signed himself up was originally ambitious and wanted to show himself off on the new stage.

But when it was finally his turn, his opponent turned out to be a pretty girl and his words got caught up in his throat resulting in his defeat. Rendering his preparations useless.

In the end, it led to the disastrous defeat of his team, and he became the worst performer in the debate. The experience that night frustrated him and made him learn.

Just play the game and don't try.

But in retrospect, the girl who made him speechless just by looking at him wasn't just because she was pretty.

It wasn't because he didn't know how to interact with the opposite gender.

And it wasn't because he hated females either.

He was just bad at socializing in general.

But you can't blame him. He was always alone and had no friends when he was young, except for a girl in his neighbourhood. But even then, it was only because he was always sick and had to constantly stay at home.

Lin Ye scratched his head to pull himself back from his thoughts. He then looks at Messiah.

"You told me before that if the maple tree on the top of the holy mountain withered, you can leave Kalan."

"Yes." Messiah nods, "What's the matter?"

Lin Ye rubbed his chin, "Is it possible to wither it intentionally?"

Messiah shows a smile

"Yes." Messiah looks up at the ceiling, "But it would come at the cost of Karlan's Catastrophe immunity."

Lin Ye is a little surprised, "Seriously? Then I can't cut it then."

"I don't think you'll do that."

Lin Ye sighs.

If only he can just abduct Messiah, it would be great. As long as he is with Messiah by his side, who would dare to mess with him. See what happens if that silly wolf down below speaks badly to him?!

Maybe...

Lin Ye says silently to Messiah, "Lappland. Do you remember her?"

"Hmm. What's wrong?"

"She troubled you a lot a few days ago. You can go down and teach her a lesson later." Lin Ye says, "I don't really care much but please don t kill her. Just socking her hard on the face is good enough."

"Achoo!"

Lappland who had just arrived downstairs sneezed loudly. She rubbed her red nose, and muttered to herself in slight confusion,

"Why do I always feel like someone is talking bad about me behind my back?"

The things about Lappland being used as a stress reliever, were, of course, used to lighten up the atmosphere.

After that, Messiah led the topic of their talk to Maple. She turned around to look at the blade placed on Lin Ye's blade and smiled.

"Seems like you've found out about some of its unique abilities."

Maple's abilities were also something Lin Ye wanted to ask Messiah a long time ago.

"Are there any more skills that Maple has?"