Ch 289: Ice Melting

I almost killed him. I almost killed a person again.

Lin Ye is waiting for the effects of the holy bell of Pramanix to finally stop helping him and Leaping Wave Strike like a lamp losing its oil.

He despises injuring or killing others. But he has no choice. If he lets Mephisto go, all of Kjerag will suffer. He admits to doing something wrong, even evil, to others. But he was dead set on killing him.

If he could, he would rush after Mephisto to chase him down. But he had to deal with those stupid zombies, He got away because of it. After dealing with the undead, with the boost from Wave Leaping Strike, he could easily catch up to him in a matter of seconds. However, it appeared that his buffs were coming to an end.

He's forced to rely on Maple as support. His sweat causes his vision to blur as it runs down his face, or is it because he's about to pass out? He has no idea.

Kjerag's cold tickled his skin, but he shrugged it off. Because he is tired, his breathing is erratic. His eyes go in and out of focus.

Mephisto will be able to easily take his head if he returns at this time. Fortunately for him, Mephisto was so terrified that he didn't dare to return and stare into Lin Ye's eyes.

Finally, Lin Ye collapsed on the ground. His strength finally gave out, unfortunately.

"Doctor Lin!" Sussurro hurries to Lin Ye's side and asks anxiously, "What happened to you?! Are you okay?!"

"I'm good.... I'm just exhausted." Lin Ye says weakly. He tries to comfort her with a smile, but it comes across as forced.

"Then I will ask Miss Pramanix to ring her bell for you again." Sussurro takes out her phone.

After he heard that from her, Lin Ye recovers some strength, "Call Pramanix? Did you call her just now?"

"Yes... I can only think of this to help you.", Sussurro looks very frustrated, "I'm sorry for being so weak... I can't even help you at all."

Lin Ye sits up with Sussurro's support. She guides him to the wall to lean on. Listening to Sussurro's words, he raises his trembling hand and rubs her head, giving her a head pat.

"Doctor Lin Ye?" Sussurro is stunned by this action.

Lin Ye just smiles gently at her, "That's enough. You're just a medical worker."

"But you are also a medical worker."

"Of course, I don't count."

"Miss Shining too."

This makes him roll his eyes, "She's a monster, don't compare us with her."

Lin Ye chuckles but he then coughs twice. This makes Sussurro look at him worryingly.

"Doctor Lin?"

"I'm fine." He tries to reassure her, then he says, "You can stop helping me. We don't know if those people will return, pass me my gun. Even if I'm out of bullets, I can throw it at them as a distraction. Also, call SilverAsh and inform him of what has occurred here. Then you can go upstairs and hide, as well as find a way to contact Lappland. Where is that stupid dog now." Sussurro ignored the last part.

Sussurro insisted, "I'll take you upstairs first."

"Forget about me, I can't walk at all. I can still hold them back for enough time for the SilverAshes and the others to come to help us. There is a gun in my coat pocket. Take it." Lin Ye smiles bitterly, "You better protect yourself first-"

Sussurro shakes her head repeatedly, with a stubborn little face, "Absolutely not, if I can't..."

Sounds faded out of existence for Lin Ye.