Ch 338: Digesting

"Seriously, is the island under our feet really a deep-sea creature? Why isn't it acknowledging our presence?" Matoimaru grumbled.

Everyone seemed to have the same resounding thoughts as they continued through their journey, specifically that what they are stepping on was not the land itself, but the body of the creature.

Lin Ye tried to endure the ever building pressure that was rising in his heart. He felt that the large creature could at any point turn over, revealing its hideous face and sending everyone to their deaths in the deep dark sea. It was just a matter of time. The island was also still the same as it was a week ago, without even the slightest change.

"This confirms our suspicions that the island is the creature itself," Blue Poison verified, "I know that a creature the size of an Island is not outside the realm of possibility in the deep sea. It's just that even if this island is not a giant creature itself, it must have a connection with it."

"I just need to know that the island itself is not a giant creature," Matoimaru continued to complain, "Otherwise I really don't know how to deal with it."

At this time, Skyfire already weakened by the recent encounter countered back by stating "If this island is really a giant creature itself, you can let me deal with it."

"Can you really do the same spell while in your unstable state?" Lin Ye, who was next to her divulged his worries to her.

"Come on, I admit that your spell is very powerful, but the price is way too high to use it again. If you use it a few more times in a row, you will die promptly and horribly," Matoimaru asserted the truth right in front of her.

Skyfire wanted to refute her, but couldn't find a good reason to contend with the reality in front of her. The reason was clear as day, she knew that Matoimaru was right. Usually after using that spell, she would normally have to rest for two to three days. If she used it continuously, the chance of her dying form wearing out her body was inevitable, but due to to her arrogant behaviour she simply tried to hide her understanding and replied "Don't worry".

Lin Ye saw right through her guise straight away and lightly put his hand on her shoulder "You have done enough Skyfire. Just leave it to us."

When they went ashore, they had already discussed a rough plan to follow prior to arriving. Since even a powerful spell form Skyfire couldn't intimidate "Deep Sea" enough to cause a retreat, it was obviously foolhardy to try and defeat the unexplored Deep-Sea body with what little firepower they had now.

So they have to pick their priorities first. Their first order of business was to rescue the people who had been hypnotized by "deep sea", then they were to try and find the whereabouts of Skadi. When they have done all that, they would immediately withdraw to the small town of Harlan, there they would contact Rhodes Island and the Ursus military.

Such a powerful opponent could not be bested by them alone.

They were currently in a rainstorm, thus they couldn't track the footprints of those who had been hypnotized, but they knew the general vicinity of where to find these people.

Not long after they arrived at the island, they were all standing in the cave that they had visited a week ago. They could see countless messy footprints at the entrance of the cave. Blue Poison checked the footstep and then said "It hasn't been long since they entered."

"Then let's hurry up," Lin Ye confirmed, "They don't seem to be walking at a fast pace."

Everyone clicked on their flashlights, and after double checking their inventory, they walked in fully aware that they might not make it out alive.