Ch 241: To Understand

Finally, with the help of Pramanix, or the help of the holy bell, Lin, who had been tired an hour ago, was full of energy. He had been walking up the snow-capped mountains the entire afternoon.

Whenever Lin Ye thought he was going to collapse from exhaustion, Pramanix would ring the holy bell, and he would instantly regain his strength. After going back and forth several times, Lin Ye felt like a cow, and Pramanix is herding him.

Whenever the cow couldn't move, him, she used the bell to force him to walk more, like a whip.

Lin Ye couldn't help thinking if the holy bell was taken back with him to his previous life, he would have easily won the Olympics, no-one else would have stood a chance.

As for the rest of them, except for Sussurro, who was carried by Lappland on her back, they are far better in shape than him. Maybe it's because of their race.

I'm so unlucky to born as a pure human. Why can't I be a devil, like Shining? He complained to himself.

He then looks at a certain happy girl in front of him, Cliffheart. She is so excited and is having a blast climbing up the mountain.

However, gradually, that joyful smile wore away, not because of fatigue.

But because they soon encountered snow-covered skeletons strewn across the mountain path.

She knew that these bones were most likely saintess candidates of the past, just like her sister, Pramanix. But they were not as lucky or strong as her, and they could not reach the final stretch. They perished on the journey, their bodies littered the beautiful and lonely mountain. Thinking of this, she inevitably turned back to look at her sister. They paused at the first sight of the bodies, Cliffheart clasped her hands together and whispered a prayer, They have to keep moving forward.

As a result, Cliffheart lost her previous excitement and calms down.

She realises that in order to protect her, both her sister and her brother sheltered her from danger even after the family was destroyed, she is like a child who has not grown up. She stops and prays for their soul.

Lin Ye looks at her.

To restore the relationship between Pramanix and Silverash, or to understand each other, she, the child who was cared for by them, must grow up.

It was like when Lin Ye was a child, his parents used to say to him.

"If you don't eat anymore, you will be sent to the countryside to plant it yourself. That way you can experience the hardships of farmers and the difficulty of making money for their family."

To some degree, they are both the same. a pair of naive children that need to grow up.

What made Lin Ye feel a little puzzled was that he was obviously a man in his early twenties, But why is he acting and thinking like his old man? Obviously, he doesn't have a girlfriend and now he sounds like a father trying to take care of his child.

After Cliffheart was done praying, Matterhorn told everyone to stop. "I think we need to rest. It's already getting dark. Let me set up the tent"

Lapland ran over with Sussurro still on her back. Listening to his words, she tilts her head "Huh? We already arrived in this place, why not sleep in the snow and feel the nature around us?"

Lin Ye was too lazy to argue with Lappland. He had discovered that Lappland is the kind of person who can pull the opponent's IQ to the same level as hers, and then defeat the opponent with her experience.

If he lost, she will brag about it forever. And even If he won, he would be bitten by her. It truly a lose-lose situation for him. At least he chooses the less painful option.