Ch 292: Are You Interested In Chess?

"Even you can't cure Irene?" Cliffheart asks in surprise.

In the SilverAsh residence, Irene was sitting on the living room sofa. She looked very pitiful while everyone else gathered around her.

They were all watching Messiah slowly shake her head, "Remember. The Arts that the enemy planted in her body was very destructive. Although it wasn't completely used, it was still enough to destroy her body."

Messiah's words made the atmosphere heavier.

After all, now they know that Irene isn't a spy. She was just a miserable and pitiful feline instead.

Irene also heard Messiah. She lowered her head down. Her eyes filled with a sense of loss.

Lappland who was standing behind her wanted to say something but when she opened her mouth. No words came out.

Seeing this, Lin Ye tries to think of a solution.

"It's not completely hopeless, right? As long as she comes with us back to Rhodes Island, we can ask for help from Shining and Liz. Sussurro didn't you say that Sarkaz's medical skills are the best?"

Sussurro was about to speak but Messiah cuts her off.

"It's still impossible." She says faintly, "Sarkaz's medical skills are excellent in limb regeneration. But that is not the kind of healing we need to heal her."

Lin Ye suddenly doesn't know how to reply.

Messiah's voices out her thoughts again,

"But then again, even if the hope of a cure is indeed slim. It's still not too difficult to extend her life. All she needs to do is to stay with me. I can work hard to get her a normal lifespan. And even if it doesn't work, it would at least prevent her from dying immediately."

Messiah is a God, so everyone naturally wouldn't doubt what she said.

Lin Ye thought this was good. Even if her life will be shortened at least she won't die immediately.

However, what he did not expect is that Irene suddenly took a piece of paper and pencil and began writing. Once done, she picked the paper up and showed it to Messiah.

"If I leave now, how long can I live?"

"A month at most." Irene lowers her head again and writes another sentence.

"In that case, I want to go out and live my one month freely."

Everyone is stunned, except for Lin Ye. He just stared at her and began thinking.

She still has some problems living her life.

"When you get to Rhodes Island, Doctor Kal'tsit may have something for you but even then, the chances of it being able to fully cure you are slim. It is still safer for you to be around God." Sussurro attempted to dissuade her from her decision.

Even with Sussurro's persuasion, however, Irene shook her head and continued writing.

This time, she took a long time to write. Then she shows her words to the others.

"I have been caged in this place for far too long and I don't want to stay here anymore. I want to go back to my hometown, the Feline tribe. I want to visit the place where Lin Ye and Lappland work. I want to see more. I want to see the world."

The long sentence left everyone speechless for a while. But Lin Ye was able to understand why she wanted to do this.

She was bought by Galvin as a slave when she was young and was used as a seduction tool for his schemes. Furthermore, she was caged and isolated in the Aiben residence with no friends and family to help her.