Ch 282: What Can I Do?

The temple's collapsed roof shattered into several fragments.

Lin Ye finally snaps out of his trance as cold snow falls on his face. He had survived a disaster, but the next second, exhaustion hit him like a flood, almost knocking him down again. He stabs Maple on the ground to keep him from falling.

He didn't use Maple to cut the roof when he was in the state of Wave Leaping Strike, because he had to hold on to someone.

Lappland is unconscious in his arms, and her blood is staining the white snow.

Before the house collapsed, two black arrows pierced Lappland's body, seriously injuring her. However, the attacker clearly did not want her to be seriously injured.

A total of ten arrows were fired at Lappland, with each arrow landing in a particularly nasty position. Lappland would not survive if all of them hit.

Lin Ye slowly opens his right hand, "Huff...Huff..."

In it contains a black-colored amulet, and the power it once held has dissipated and become empty. This is Shining's "Dogmatic Field." Lin Ye has always worn Liz's amulet around his waist, and he has just released it at the most critical moment. Even though the amulet held no candle compared to shining herself, the power within it had saved them all.

But he has no time to think about that.

"Lappland," Lin Ye calls Lappland's name, "Can you hear my voice? Lappland?!"

Lapland's injury is still very serious, if she wasn't a Lupo, whose physical resilience exceeds those of humans, she surely would be dead.

From Lin Ye's call, Lappland slowly opens her eyes.

"W-wha?" mutters something, "What happened?"

"An attack," Lin Ye sights in frustration, "I did not see them but that's not important right now, are you okay?"

"... I'm fine," Lappland tries to get up, but the injury on her waist still obviously affected her.

"Don't move," Lin Ye says hurriedly, "I'm looking for my medical bag, where is it..."

Lappland does not wait for Lin Ye to find his bag; she braces herself with her sword and slowly rises. However, as she stood up, her wound opened up and blood gushed out.

"What are you doing? Sit back down! You don't even know where the enemy is, how can you do anything? They should have left by now... "

Lin Ye is aware that he is far weaker than Lappland, but given her current state of injury, he is sceptical that she will be able to defeat them.

"They have a skilled sniper with them," She mutters to herself, "I was just careless.".

Lin Ye wanted to stand up as well, but despite not being as injured as Lappland, he nearly used up all of his energy with Wave leaping Strike. His body became tired and sore all over as a result of this. He needed Maple to keep him from falling.

Lin Ye pants and says to Lappland, "I can't move; for the time being, you can find my backpack first. Then you can tend to your wounds. By the way, look for Irene. I'm guessing she was the true target of this attack."

Lappland did not look for Lin Ye's backpack, but instead tears off her clothes and uses them to wrap her wound, which is better than nothing at all.

She then goes in search of Irene.

Lin Ye is still concerned. After all, Lappland was assisting him in blocking some of the attacks at the time. He also used "Dogmatic Field" to assist her in blocking some of the arrows. They both survived, but Irene was different. She wouldn't be able to survive unless she avoided the attack, so when Lin Ye asked Lappland to find Irene.

He wasn't sure if it was a trick of the light. When Lappland turns around, he notices a dark look on Lappland's face.

Lin Ye had assumed that Lappland would search the ruins for Irene. However, she remains motionless for an extended period of time, prompting him to call her name. But she didn't respond.

In his heart, a strong sense of anxiety surged. He yells at her and, with Maple's assistance, stands up. Then he takes a look around, but he doesn't see Lappland.

"Damn it," He mutters in a low voice, "She's gone?!"

He expected her to change. After what happened over the course of three days, Lappland demonstrates her ability to assist others. Perhaps he was too naive. Perhaps she isn't fit to be an operator. The consequences of leaving teammates on the field would be disastrous for Rhode Island.

I thought I could help her... Hold on...

Lin Ye is startled to discover that there is something on the ground.

A trail of footprints, but that is unimportant. Lin Ye notices a whiteboard.

He takes a step forward and accepts it. It has something written on it. It appears to be unfinished. This is what Irene had intended to write to Lappland previously. Lin Ye swipes away the snow to read what's written on it.

"When I leave here, I'll assist you in making more barbecues."

Lin Ye's hands are dangling. His grip relaxes. The board is thrown into the snow.

Just like before, Lappland had abandoned him, but this time there was a reason, her goddamn stomach.

Originally, she intended to look for Irene in the ruins. She then discovered the footprints in the courtyard. She came across this board after walking over. That means she is actively looking for Irene.

Lin Ye can't help but curse after a few minutes of standing, "Damn it, why do all the problems children I've encountered have to be so difficult to understand!"

Even though he sounds angry, he has a big smile on his face.

Lappland's incredible sense of smell makes it easy for her to locate the enemy, but given the current state of Lappland, she is unsure whether she can deal with those enemies. He just has to believe she's strong enough to do it.

But why did they attack them? And why now? And what should he do?

Silverash has left to attend the Council meeting. If the attackers have any remaining targets, it can only be Pramanix and Cliffheart. So, the most important thing to do now is to notify them. It's just that his phone isn't working.

Should I go to SilverAsh's place? I have to leave... No, Pramanix and Cliffheart aren't here! They should be visiting their parents' graves at the bottom of the mountain right now! But he has no idea where the back mountain is...

He's overthinking everything. He must maintain his cool. So, he did the only thing he could.

Lin Ye slaps himself because.

As previously stated, he is not the most reasonable person.

Calm down. Calm down.

Lin Ye tells himself to stay calm. He needs to consider what he should do.

The temple where he resides is a short distance from the residential area. And the attacker is extremely skilled. Controlling the situation so that the Kjerag people are unaware that their holy temple has been attacked. As a result, Pramanix and Cliffheart have no way of knowing what happened. If the attacker's next target is them, he must assist them.

So, what does he now have?

Lin Ye looks down at Maple in his hand, the amulet around his waist, and the backpack he found in the ruins.

Vector still has nearly forty bullets in his arsenal.

"This is enough," He says, squinting his eyes.

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

Draft by Jaq

Proofread by Weebly

Edit by Jaq