Ch 331: Afraid?

Five minutes later, everyone in Rhodes Island, led by the Skyfire, arrived at the Ursus soldiers camp 100 meters away from them. The rain continued to rage away unabated.

As Skyfire had said, more than twenty Ursus soldiers including SilverSword, had all but vanished into thin air from the main tent where they should have been.

"They really ran away," Matoimaru stared at the empty shore. She pierced her sword into the ground, and said uncomfortably "Those guys left just like that? They didn't even notify us."

Lin Ye looked at Magallan and asked "Can you contact SilverSword, Magallan?"

She nodded, "I'll give it a try."

Where are they?

Lin Ye thought to himself.

"It's not just the Ursus," Skyfire's face was pale in the moonlight as she also mentioned "I haven't seen anyone else around either. Everyone from the other factions have just disappeared without a trace, there's no one in sight."

"Is that so?" Lin Ye said before pondering on what could have caused the disappearances.

He then took out his mobile phone and said to Skyfire, "Don't be afraid, I'll call Swire and ask what's going on. You go and contact Yumeng, can anyone contact the Sunset Chamber of Commerce?"

"Afraid...? I am not afraid" Skyfire retaliated as she tried to feign a calm expression, "I just think it's strange, how can everyone disappear without making a sound?"

While Skyfire was explaining what happened, Matoimaru casually brought up her thoughts of nowhere, "I remember that the townspeople in Harlan Town also disappeared overnight, right? Dr. Lin Ye, you don't think that something similar happened to them too?"

Matoimaru's sudden relation made Skyfire's already pale face become paler, no, it made everyone else's face paler too. After all, what she said may have been true.

"Let's not talk about that now," Lin Ye's grip on his phone tightened, "Try to contact them first, that's our first priority."

After speaking, he called Swire's number.

*Beep*

He noticed that his phone continued to display no signal as he tried again and again.

"I can't get through," Lin Ye exclaimed as he slammed his phone on the table and sighed heavily, "We can't communicate with the others while the typhoons are in the area. Is the nearby signal base station destroyed?"

Magallan also reported back to him. She shook her head and told him "I can't seem to get in touch with Mr. SilverSword either."

"Did you use your phone Magallan? Try using the radio instead," Lin Ye said, "The radio should give us a slightly better chance of getting through to them."

"... Well, let me try again then," Magallan replied as she took out a radio communicator and tried again. Everyone waited anxiously on the side as they prayed for some success.

*Rustle*

All of a sudden there was a rustling sound heard in the tent. Everyone followed the reverberation of the sound, and found that the sound came from one of the sleeping bags.

Blue Poison immediately moved forward and opened the sleeping bag. Then her eyes widened in surprise and declared to the other what she had found.

"Mr. SilverSword didn't take the radio communicator with him," She simply took the communicator out of the sleeping bag and presented it to the others, "Because it's right here."