Ch 307: I Will Cut Off His Head

At one particular branch of the Reunion movement.

A woman in a long black dress with short silver hair looks out at the setting sun in the distance and says softly, "Is that true? Mephisto has been defeated?"

It was Talulah, the leader of the integration movement.

Faust, who is covered in bandages and stands behind her, lowers his head and says, "I'm sorry, boss, I never thought it would be like this."

"Don't you always stand by his side and protect him?" Talulah slowly turns around, staring at Faust, "How could he die? Frostnova's Yeti Squad was at your disposal as well."

"A few mishaps occurred. We were confronted by the Patriarch of Silverash, Encodias," Faust murmurs, "He hasn't left Kjerag, but he sent a false message to the outside world and then waited for us at his home. He defeated the entire squad."

"I see what you mean. Was it his hand that killed Mephisto?"

"This...I don't know much about," Faust admits. "But, Boss, Mephisto was in a strange state at the time. He had not been able to sleep well for a week prior to implementing the final plan and had been awakened by nightmares every midnight. It appeared to be the same dream."

Talulah frowns, "What?"

"I can only say that this has had a significant impact on Mephisto's mental state, which is one of the reasons why our operation failed. Mephisto makes the final decision. He wasn't as good as SilverAsh, but he wasn't the worst either," Faust murmured, "The plan he devised appeared perfect, but it was riddled with flaws. And he appeared to avoid the most important aspect of the plan, namely the God of Karlan. He was adamant that they would not take part in the family feuds. Although God did not appear in the end, his behaviour was inconsistent with how he normally thinks."

Faust stared at Talulah right into her eyes.

"I believe... No, I'm sure it was also because of the nightmares, which made him unable to focus on the decision and make the best decision in the last few days, leading to our failure."

"Enough Faust," Talulah says slowly as she closes her eyes. "You are no longer required to speak."

Faust wisely followed her orders.

"Mephisto's departure is a great loss for us. His most potent weapon is his mind. I had expected him to take the Reunion further, but...," Talulah slowly opens her eyes, "In that case, Faust, I need names. Who was responsible for his death? I require these names. Enciodas is one of them. But I need more"

"Those people in Rhodes Island," Faust says, "If it weren't for them, it would be impossible for our failure just by SilverAsh alone."

"Rhodes Island. It's not the first time we've fought against them," Talulah said softly. "That should be taken care of."

"Boss, I believe there is one more person you should be aware of," The sniper says. "His name is Lin Ye, an operator from Rhodes Island. Although this person does not appear to have any abilities, he is always surrounded by experienced people, and we have met him several times. He'd always come out on top no matter what we threw at him. Mephisto thought this man named Lin Ye should be a high-ranking official on Rhodes Island. If he is assassinated, Rhodes Island will suffer a significant setback."

"Lin Ye?" Talulah tested the name in her mouth, "I see."

Her brow furrows slightly.

She notices a thin layer of frost forming on Faust's thighs.

"Frost?" She realized something, raises her head, and looks behind Faust.

A woman with long silver hair emerges from the shadows, a thick layer of frost forming on the ground with each step.

"Talulah," The woman says slowly as she stares at Talulah, "Get out of the way, I'm here to collect debts."

Half of Faust's body instantly froze when her voice fell.

Talulah immediately raises her hand, causing the cold ice to not completely swallow Faust.

"You found the wrong person, Mephisto is dead," Talulah says.

Frostnova says in such a cold tone a blizzard can be called a summer breeze compared to it, "But this guy is back. All of my men were buried in the ice sheet."

"This has nothing to do with Faust, Frostnova," Talulah explains, "And you shouldn't be dazzled by anger." Your subordinates make me very sad. Their names will be added to the list of martyrs. They are Reunion movement heroes and should be treated as such."

"Talulah, you know this kind of thing can't appease me." She stared at her.

"I understand, but you shouldn't take out your frustration on him." Talulah raised two fingers at her, "You only need to find two people and only those two people should be held accountable."

Frostnova squints her eyes and asks coldly, "Who?"

"Mephisto is the first. Despite the fact that I hold him in high regard. I have to admit that it was his command blunder that buried your subordinates in the snowy field and if he is still alive," Talulah says, "I will not spare him lightly."

"But he's no longer alive," Frostnova stated.

"So, he paid the highest price for his actions, so you should look for another person," Talulah stared at her and put down a finger, "All of this is due to that talent. Lin Ye of Rhodes Island"

"Lin Ye?" Frostnova raised a brow at the name, "Who is he?"

"You will know. I will collect this person's information as much as possible, and then give it to you," Talulah says, "At that time, you can find him personally to seek revenge."

Frostnova is silent.

After a while, the ice on Faust gradually melts. Faust exhales a sigh of relief as if he had escaped the sickle of the god of death.

"Talulah," She says. Frostnova looks at Talulah and slowly says, "My men and I are eager to follow you because you have depicted a bright future for us. We are willing to die for this future. However, this does not imply that you can treat us as worthless pawns to be tossed around. This is the last time I'll allow anyone to call my subordinates."

Talulah stares at her.

Frostnova takes a deep look at Talulah, then turns and leaves.

"Within two days, I want all the information about Lin Ye," She says without looking back, "I will cut off his head personally."

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

"Achoo!"

Lin Ye sneezes.

"Do you have a cold?" Ansel raises his head from behind his book and locks his gaze on Lin Ye.

He rubs his nose and jokes, "Some people are probably thinking about me right now."

"Oh, no! As narcissistic as I've ever seen," Ansel says dismissively.

Lin Ye laughs, "Haha."

He is accustomed to Ansel's harsh words directed at him. He doesn't really mind it.

Ansel simply rolls his eyes and resumes his reading. However, a smile was plastered on his face behind his book.

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

Draft by Jaq

Proofread by Weebly

Edit by Jaq