Ch 272: Invitations From Karlan Trade

Lin Ye tried ignoring the stares everyone was giving him. He can only have Lappland to blame.

As the saintess, Pramanix cannot let Lappland speak nonsense about God. She coughs slightly, and then whispers, "Miss Lappland, please don't talk nonsense."

"Huh?" Lappland tilts her head, feeling a little bit confused, "What am I talking nonsense? Your God called the quack doctor into her room every day-."

Lin Ye covers her mouth, "Please stop. Can-Ow! It hurts! You crazed dog!"

Lin Ye grits his teeth as Lappland chomps down on his fingers.

He is bitten by Lappland again. This led both of them to fight comedically. Lin Ye was struggling to dislodge his arm from Lappland's mouth as she gnawed at his flesh.

Faced with the scene in front of her, Pramanix turns to Silverash. He was looking at Matterhorn, his eyes seemed to ask, "What the hell was going on?"

However, Matterhorn did not know what Lappland meant as he was not at the Holy Temple with Pramanix and Lin Ye.

Silverash, who has always maintained a calm demeanour, is rendered speechless as a result of this. Despite the fact that he does not believe the absurd claim that Lin Ye is a man of God. After all, a god who has lived for a thousand years should be devoid of human emotions and desires. But when he thought about it, God did give a weapon to Lin Ye, a stranger.

For thousands of years, the Kjerag people have worshipped God and their only gift was the Holy Bell that has been passed down through centuries. Lin Ye, a stranger, obtained a weapon after only a few days of seeing the aforementioned God. How is that possible? And, according to Matterhorn's statement, he informed him. Lin Ye was alone with God for two days. It seems God and Lin Ye appear to have a better relationship than Pramanix, the saintess. This was an incredibly bizarre situation no matter how Silverash views it.

Not to mention that God has been unconcerned about what happens in Kjerag for centuries. Except for giving the saintess power. However, when Lin Ye was able to ring the holy bell that only pure-hearted women could do, and when Lin Ye was ascending the holy road, she intervened and assisted him when he was attacked by an outside force. And she did it herself. This would have been unthinkable in the past. He squints his eyes, even though he still does not agree that Lin Ye is the man of God. He turns to face Lin Ye, who is struggling with Lappland. His interest was piqued by this man's secret.

So, he speaks again, "Doctor Lin Ye, you haven't given me an answer?"

Lin Ye presses Lappland's head while looking up, a little surprised, "Sorry, What did you want again?"

Silverash says faintly, "If you are interested in joining the Karan Trade, I am willing to give you three times the salary of Rhodes Island that is giving you."

Lin Ye scratches his head, "You don't even know my salary in Rhodes Island..."

"Inconsequential," Silverash says, "I can triple the pay they give you"

"Still. I have no experience with business and sale-"

"It's definitely easier to record than in Rhodes Island."

What the hell is going on? Being offered a new job out of the blue comes with a slew of advantages?

He simply cannot refuse. Let us not discuss anything else but the salary. With that much money, he'll be able to buy more bullets for Vector and Python. He can finally fulfil his dream of going insane with bullets without fear of killing his wallet. He almost cried just thinking about it. Furthermore, the work is much easier to complete. It's the equivalent of killing two birds with one stone. Of course, he wanted to accept-

"Huh?" Lin Ye looks down at Sussurro. The medic is pulling on his sleeve and holding a phone.

"What's wrong?"

Sussurro holds up her cell phone and says, "Did you text Miss Liz? Since half an hour ago, she had been calling me, saying that you seem to be sick, but she can't call you. She asked me to ask you about your condition."

Lin Ye opens his mouth slightly.

"You should call her back first." Sussurro hands the phone to Lin Ye, "Otherwise, I feel she will not sleep well."

Lin Ye was silent for a while and then took the phone from her hand, " I see. Thank you for me this." he thanks her.

He takes her cell phone and dials Liz's number.

Within ten seconds, the call is connected, and Liz sounds rather anxious with her voice, "Sussurro, did you find-."

"Liz, I'm fine." Lin Ye says with a smile, "Don't worry, you should go to bed. Sleep. You need it."

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

Lin Ye hangs up the phone a few minutes later. He takes a deep breath and realises his decision has become much clearer. He hands the phone back to Sussurro. Then he turns to look at Silverash. "I'm sorry, but-."

"I understand. Say no more." Silverash lightly says.

Lin Ye scratches his head, always feeling like he was praised too much.

"However, I won't take back what I just said." Silverash says, "As long as you want to leave Rhodes Island, as long as I'm alive, the door of the Karan Trade is willing to open for you."

Such a warm invitation makes Lin Ye feel a bit embarrassed. He was going to say something, but he suddenly saw the tent move.

Irene comes out of it. She sees the scene outside. Stunned with who she saw, she shrinks back in fear.

"Let's talk about it later." Lin Ye walks by Silverash, "It is better to deal with this first at hand."

Lin Ye walks towards the tent.

"I agree, Doctor Lin.", Silverash follows beside him.

Lin Ye and Silverash approach the tent, Cliffheart stretches out her hand and pulls Pramanix's sleeve.

When she turns her head and looks at Cliffheart in confusion. She pulls the older one aside and then says in a low voice. "Onee-chan, why did Onii-chan want Doctor Lin Ye to join?"

Pramanix says casually, "Hmm? How would I know?"

"You must know!" Cliffheart knows Pramanix was extremely smart. So, she takes her hand and refuses to let her go, "Tell me, Onee-chan."

"... is it because of Doctor Lin Ye's ability to work?"

"No, I don't think so," Pramanix says lightly, "He didn't like Doctor Lin Ye himself in the first place, but his identity is recognized by God and that would help him achieve his dream easier. He sees Doctor Lin Ye as a new tool."

Cliffheart opens her mouth slightly.

"Encia, don't be too naive," Pramanix looks back and says coldly, "At any price, he is willing to do anything to achieve his dream. No matter what."

She grips her hand. "No matter who the is person."

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

Draft by Jaq

Proofread by Weebly

Edit by Jaq