Ch 296: To Approach You

At three o'clock in the morning, the Rhodes Island Counselling Room was still lit.

Lin Ye made a cup of tea, not catnip. One that he brought back from Karlan for Blue Poison.

The teacup is a little full, so she was careful in handling it while looking at the list of the counselling room's members displayed on Lin Ye's desktop.

"Miss Skadi really turned out to be your assistant." She murmured.

"See? I told you so." Lin Ye says, "I wouldn't lie to you."

"But I still find it a little unimaginable." Blue Poison says lightly as she gets up and sits on the sofa opposite Lin Ye, "That Miss Skadi can actually do this kind of thing."

"... I feel that your tone is not right. What do you mean to do this kind of thing?" Lin Ye is a little speechless, "Is it weird to work here? I am not a black-market dealer, nor am I an underground mafia boss."

"I didn't mean like that." Blue Poison shook her head before showing a puzzled expression, "What is an underground mafia?"

Lin Ye coughed sharply, "Ahem, nothing, nothing." He hurriedly shook his head to prevent any more rumours from spreading, "I just want to say, I am very serious in counselling here."

"Can Miss Skadi also do psychological counselling?" She asked, "Is she not going to cut her patient?"

"What do you mean? How can that be...Wait actually, now that I think about it. she really might actually do that..."

Lin Ye tried to lighten up the mood by joking around and looking at Blue Poison's smiling expression, it seems that he had done it.

Feeling curious, Lin Ye decided to ask her a question, "In your opinion, is Skadi a terrible person? She's in fact a very gentle person y'know?"

"Gentle? You're probably the first in Rhodes Island to describe Skadi as a gentle person."

"What do you mean? I'm just telling the truth."

"It's just that a small number of people may be narrow-minded and make the wrong assumption about Miss Skadi, which in turn breeds rumours and from there, things escalated to the point where no one would want to interact with her."

"Yes." Lin Ye nods.

"Why is this?"

"It's simple really." Lin Ye says, "Even you yourself would avoid her. People will tend to avoid things that have a notorious reputation despite not experiencing them first-hand. Just like Voldemort."

"Voldemort? Who is that?"

"He doesn't matter." Lin Ye sits down and faces Blue Poison.

"There is a high probability that the rumours are false. This is why I will decide my own opinion on someone through my own means."

Lin Ye continued, "From your tone, I can somewhat tell that the people of Rhodes Island seem to be very afraid of you too. To be honest, this makes me a little bit confused, because, in my opinion, you are a very normal person. So what the hell is going on? Can you tell me?"

Her hands gently rubbed the teacup. She did not choose to answer but instead asked him a question.

"Why do you care about this kind of thing?"

"Because I am a Psychologist. Do you still need to ask?"

"Do you think I am your patient?"

"It doesn't matter whether or not you're a patient. To me, you're already a friend. Which means I am obligated to help you." Lin Ye said.